BONUS - Preparation (part 3)

After spending more than half an hour in McDonald's, just making casual conversations that consisted of "Oh my god, this burger is so nice" to "I really liked Dinah, maybe we should hang out with her someday". Out of nowhere my phone buzzes twice and the screen lights up with a text message from my boyfriend. Wow, it still feels weird saying that.

DYLAN<3: whoa 😍😍how the fuck are you so hot?

I read the message and start smiling like an idiot. The last message we had, was me sending him a picture of the dress, he probably forgot to reply or was doing something, he's been quite busy lately, but I can't judge him, he's got a lot on his plate right now, he just lost a sibling and found out that his mom was diagnosed with cancer not long ago, that's a lot to take in.

I start typing away on my phone, still smiling at it. I know I'm really weird and cheesy and it probably looks really cringe to others but it's not my fault, I just can't help but smile every time he sends me a text or even when I hear someone mention his name.

me: Idk you tell me lol

As I press send, I hear someone clearing their throat out and that's when I realise that the sound came from in front of me. I look up to see Eve and Alicia smirking at me, "It's your sweetheart, isn't it?" Eve teases making me hide my smile by burying my head into my palms, "That's so cringe, I don't call him that" I speak into my hands making it slightly harder to catch but still clear enough for them to understand.

"What'd you call him then?" Eve teases again. With my hands still on my face, I spread out two of my fingers allowing me to take a peek at my two best friends, or cousin, but whatever, smiling at each other, "Dylan? Babe?" the words slip out of my mouth and I see them looking at me with more teasing smiles on their faces, "I don't know, damn" I pretend to whine in a louder tone making them giggle.

DYLAN<3: you just went from a 10/10 to a 27/10 if thats even possible

DYLAN<3: you just went from being my princess to being my motherfucking queen

My phone buzzes four times this time, making me snatch my phone off from the table and swiftly covering it up, not allowing them to see it. Biting back a smile, I start replying and finally, they stop teasing me and go back to their little conversation.

me: okay stop dylan haha

DYLAN<3: SORRY FOR COMPLIMENTING MY GIRLFRIEND THEN😂😂 nah but fr now, what time am I picking you up?

me: we agreed to 6 right?

I put my phone down again, waiting for him to reply, in the meantime I listen to what Alicia and Eve are talking about.

"-and I don't know how he got that paper inside cause all he told me was that he has connections which is obviously bullshit, I just don't know why he wouldn't tell me" Eve finished speaking and looked quite frustrated but because I only got half of the sentence I don't really know what's going on.

"Well maybe, he just didn't wanna take the magic away from that, have you ever thought about that?" Alicia tells her and Eve looks like she just understood something.

"I'm sorry, what are we talking about?" I ask trying to fill myself in.

"Me and Michael" she just boringly replies.

"Has something happened between the two of you?" I ask her, wanting her to know that am here for her because I'm kinda guilty for not being there for her when she had problems with her first boyfriend, etc, etc.

"Not really. It's just, I hate surprises and mysteries and I want to solve them, but he doesn't wanna tell me who helped him" she explains but I still don't get it very well. As I'm about to respond to her, my phone buzzes again and I just have a quick peek at it and then putting down again because I feel like this is more important right now.