5~Stuck In The Clouds

Hope you guys like this chapter! Happy Reading!

Payton P.O.V.

"You guys are home early" mom said turning around watching us come in quietly. The smile on her face dropped probably because most people don't come home from a fair quiet and upset, but I could always blame it on the clowns. They were kind of scary with their makeup and their tomato shaped nose... and let’s not forget about their smiles.

"And I thought today I was off from being a mother for at least a couple of hours" my mom joked. It was funny but not funny enough to make me laugh. Her face turned hard before saying " How serious is it?" she asked clearly seeing that there was something wrong and that it was serious...well not all that serious...I don't even know anymore. 

We all just stood there waiting for someone to say something. Trisha was looking at me, Coral was looking at Lewis, Lewis was looking at Coral and mother dearest stood there looking at all of us. I on the other hand was starring at my three foot green gummy bear named Rocco that looks good enough to eat. "Did I give birth to three statues or am I just talking to a wall?" Now her hands were on her hips starring at us with her sharp grey eyes that looked so much like mine.

"Someone better answer me” she finished talking to me, Coral and Lewis.

Lewis cleared his throat before leaning on one of the kitchen chairs and saying, “I don't know what happened but we left Payton alone with Tristen for a while, we all played games and next thing you know we come back and he's yelling at her, if you want to know anything else ask Payton, other than that we can't help you," Lewis said pointing to himself, Coral and Trisha. 

Mom gave me 'the look', the look meaning that we were going to talk about it. "I'm going to go to the potty” I announced before leaving the kitchen and going not to the bathroom but to my bedroom. I knew Trisha was going to be up here any minute so I just lay on my bed until my bedroom door opened. 

"Trisha you won't be--" I sat up ready to tell my best friend what happened but it wasn't Trisha it was my mom.

Who knew that she wanted to talk about this so soon? She didn't even give me five minutes to relax. "You were saying..." she trailed off waiting for me to continue what I was previously saying. 

I frowned crossing my arms over my chest. "Mom I don't feel like talking" I told her with a slight tug downwards at the corner of my lips.

She shrugged "Like it or not you’re still talking to me," she said sitting down on my bed next to me.

"Mom now you’re sounding like Tristen" I said laying back down and closing my eyes. She didn't say anything and I was about ready to jump and down in victory until I really noticed what I've said. 

"Tristen said that to you?" mom said. I didn't open my eyes to look at her because I rather just lay here and daydream for the rest of the day. She took my silence as a 'yes' and so she continued on "what were you guys talking about?" she asked in a hard tone.