The Chunin Exams first test

We walked down the halls till we saw a familiar head of silver hair.

"Kakashi-sensei!" I exclaimed and ran up to him giving him a hug, my tail wagging happily. Kakashi gave me a closed eye smile from behind his mask and patted my head.

"Good to see you came, Natsuki." He said and I gave him a thumbs up, letting him go. The others finally caught up to us and gave us a funny look.

"What?" I asked, tilting my head confused, one of my ears flat against my head while the other one stayed up adding to the effect.

They all sweat dropped and ignored it, turning back to Kakashi as he spoke.

"It's nice to see you all here, especially you Sakura. Now you can all register for the Chunin exam."

We all glanced at Sakura who stood there wide eyed and stared at the ground.

"What do you mean sensei?" I asked.

"To tell you the truth, this exam can only be taken in teams of three." Kakashi explained. We all nodded but something hit me, 'Wait, aren't we a team of four!?'

Seems the others noticed this too and Naruto was the first to speak up.

"Ah! But Kakashi-sensei, we're a team of four!"

"Yea, so why did it matter if I didn't come? Natsuki could have taken my place in the exam." Sakura added.

My eyebrows furrowed and I flattened my ears against my head. There's no way I could take Sakura's place. As much as I hate to admit it, she's an important part of the team. I'm just the extra, she deserves to participate in the exam, not me.

"I know you are, and that's why I got special permission from the Hokage to let all four of you participate as a team. However he would only allow this if you passed a test." Kakashi said.

"What test?" I asked.

"Do you remember being attacked or having to fight strange ninja from another village?" He asked. I racked my memory of anything that could have been a test when I remembered something.

"Ahh!! I remember!" I exclaim. Everyone turned to me with an eyebrow raised.

------------------ flashback -----------------

"What to do, what to do.." I sang boredly. You know there are some disadvantages to having a week off from missions and stuff.

"Gah! I'm so fricken BORED!!!" I exclaim pulling on my hair. "Sigh. Maybe I'll just go train."

I walked to a training field that hadn't been used in a while that was conveniently close to mine and Sasukes house. I pulled out some kunai and started throwing them at targets.

I heard a rustling in the bush. I could hear chakra waves so I figured it must be a ninja. I made a bunch of shadow clones and started sparing with them but used one of my clones to hide in the bushes and sneak up on the enemy while they were busy focusing on me. After I killed all my clones I heard a gasps and a ninja I've never seen before wearing a mask over his face like Kakashi was sent flying out of the bush and landing at my feet.

"Who are you and why are you stalking me?" I growled narrowing my eyes. The ninja stood up and jumped away a few meters creating a bit of distance between us.

"I'm not going to ask again, who are you and what do you want with me?"

The ninja glared and pulled out a kunai, throwing it towards my head but I caught it between two fingers and began to twirl it.

"If you don't want to die then I suggest you don't enter the Chunin exams." He said gruffly. I narrowed my eyes and grew out my fangs and claws.

"You're in no position to be ordering me around idiot!" I growl.