chapter 2: intro

y/n's p.o.v.

'the heart without a beat.'

i sigh and i head to the last period of the day, 9th period. i would skip but i thought of yoongi. i reach my classroom and i take a seat in the back. i see yoongi walk in and a smirk grows on my face. yoongi starts to walk towards his seat but i put my foot out, causing him to fall. he grabs onto me which i definitely wasn't planning and i throw him off me.

"don't touch me." i mutter and he gulps. yoongi pushes his glasses up and takes a seat behind me. typical min yoongi. the bell rings and everyone's, most people's focus goes on the teacher while 2 girls are giggling, couple of students are on their phones and a group of 3 friends are talking in the front.

"alright! class, today.. we're going to work on a packet. you can finish the rest tonight for homework." the teacher says loudly and she hands out the packet to everyone, "and y/n, throw out your gum."

"make me." i say.

"this is the last time you're chewing gum in my class or i will give you detention." the teacher says and i smirk. we all get our packets and i look behind me to see yoongi doing the work already.

"hey." i whisper and he takes a glance at me, "give me answers."

he ignores me and i throw my pencil at me.

"what did i say?" i shriek and everyone looks at us, including the teacher.

"y/n and yoongi, would you like to share anything with the class?" the teacher says.

"yeah! this stupid guy behind me won't give me answers." i say and everyone erupts in giggles, "what the fuck? this isn't funny!"

"y/n! language and i'm sick of this attitude. detention for both of you." the teacher says and i let a huff.

i put my hand under my chin and i look outside the classroom window. i was looking forward to going home after this. after class, i try to escape detention but yoongi calls my name. i glare at him and i shush him. i see the teacher behind him and i sigh. really yoongi? fuck you. i sit at the front and the teacher hands us a worksheet.

"it's similar to what we did in class so finish it and yoongi, i'm disappointed." the teacher says.

detention got really awkward. i got 1 hour and 30 minutes of detention while yoongi only got 1. i wrote random answers as time passes by and i groan.

"yoongi, you can go now." the teacher says.

"uh, i'll wait for y/n." yoongi says and i scoff.

"what?" i say and the teacher nods her head.

time passes by quickly and the teacher finally released both of us.

"finally!" i say and i run out of the school building to get drenched with yoongi behind me.

"oh god, it's fuckin' pouring." i say and yoongi laughs.

"hey! stop laughing!" i say and yoongi takes out an umbrella.

"get in." yoongi says and i furrow my eyebrows.

"fine." i say and yoongi giggles a little.

"why do you even care?" i say, "why did you stay back?"

"i felt bad. i saw it was pouring and i knew you would be drenched. just take it as a random act of kindness." yoongi says.

"but i tease you all the time and i'm rude to you.." i say.

"doesn't mean i have to be rude back." yoongi says and he tucks his other hand in his pocket as he holds the umbrella for us.

"how are you getting home?" i ask.

"walking." yoongi says, "i'm guessing you are too."

"yep." i say and i sigh, "let's start, shall we?"

yoongi nods his head while we walk in the same direction. our houses aren't really close but i've seen his house a few times since the bus always passes by it. after about 15 minutes, we reach yoongi's house and he clears his throat.

"you.. can go into my house and wait until the rain stops." yoongi says.

"what? wait, no! i– no way, i can't– i mean, ew–" i say.

"chill, random act of kindness." yoongi says and i look back at the rain. yeah, i'm not walking back in the rain for 10 minutes.

"fine." i say and he unlocks his front door.

i drop my wet backpack on his living room and i look around.

"your parents home?" i say.

"no, they're at work. why?" yoongi says.

"just asking." i say and i follow yoongi to his room. he searched in his drawers to find a pair of comfy sweatpants and a shirt.

"wear this, you must be uncomfortable." yoongi says as he hands me them and i hum. i enter yoongi's bathroom and lock it behind me. i smell the clothes and it's filled with yoongi's scent. wait, why am i sniffing it? okay, that's just plain weird. why did i even smell it? i put my damp clothes in a plastic bag after i change and i unlock the door to see yoongi doing his stupid homework.

"you're doing homework, now?" i say.

"you aren't going to?" yoongi says.

"of course not, i don't even do homework." i say.

"your grades must be really bad." yoongi says.

"omg! how did you know." i say with sarcasm and yoongi rolls his eyes.

"can i ask you question?" yoongi says and i nod, "just don't freak out.."

i furrow my eyebrows and yoongi continues, "do you want to like– i don't know.. be friends?"

"you, wanna be friends with me?" i say.

"i guess, i mean– like– you know, hangout and normal friend stuff. i mean.. i know you love to tease me and i don't mind it. sorry, if you wanted me to be hurt." yoongi says, "i just– you're fun to hangout with and does it sound weird if i say without you i feel empty? i don–"

"well, then do all my homework." i say, "if you do it all, then you will be my friend because friends help each other out."

yoongi scoffs and i smirk.