36. Tease

I knew it!

As soon as he heard his own name, Hamdan was certain that Sarah would not let him go and that his plan had worked. Remaining in character, he turned around, expectant as to what she had to say.

"Have fun!" She beamed.

What?!

She could not be serious. Was she really that proud that would not admit that she did not want him to go? Or maybe she didn't really care. Amidst the confusion in his mind, he managed to smile back.

"I will!" He spun around and opened the door.

Now what? He was not going to the stupid party. It had been a long and exhausting day, all he wanted to do was cuddle up in bed with Sarah and fall asleep. But he was not about to surrender, he would sleep down at the majli if he had to, anything before recognizing that he was bluffing. How could she not care? If it was the other way around and she was attending a party where Nathan would be at, it would be driving him up the walls.

He pulled the door behind him, but before he closed it completely, she called his name one more time. His spirit perked up as he popped his head inside the bedroom. Her beam had disappeared and was replaced by a half-opened mouth with no words coming out of it.

Speechless Sarah...

It was time for the last strike. He strolled back in feeling already triumphant, placed himself in front of her and leveled their eyes by supporting his hands on his knees.

"What do you want, Sarah?" He questioned staring straight at her.

He had seen that look on her face before, he could almost taste the victory.

"I want you to stay here with us!" She breathed out.

"Then why don't you say so?" His arms up in the air. "I can't believe you let me change my clothes!"

"I can't believe you actually changed!" Her eyes wanted to leave the orbits.

He snatched the headscarf off. "Things would be so much easier if you just told me what's going on in that head of yours."

Her shoulders hanged. "So, you don't want to go?" She asked, fluttering her lashes.

"No! I want to stay here, I just wanted to hear you say it!"

She bit her lip and looked at him with big pleading eyes. That look, plus the fact that she did care about him leaving, got him all smitten up all over again.

He sat on the couch, facing her with narrowed eyes. "What am I going to do with you?"

"Love me?" She suggested with a big grin on her lips.

He caressed her cheek with his thumb, leaned in and kissed her. Just as his other hand landed on her waist and hers went up to his shoulders, he felt Rooster squeezing in between them. He pulled apart and Rooster placed himself on Sarah's lap, belly up and tongue out. Sarah started laughing.

"Go, Rooster! Go play!" Hamdan ordered.

Instead of following instructions, Rooster turned his back to Hamdan and snuggled up with Sarah. Hamdan gave up and went to change again, not without informing both of them about the new rule for their stay: the bed was off limits for Rooster.

The next morning Hamdan turned the alarm off and tossed his phone back on the bedside table. It was day two of the Crown Prince Cup, the ride for private stables had already started and he had to attend. Sarah was asleep next to him and just when he was about to get the sheets off of him, she got a hold of his arm, turned on her side and pulled him to lay behind her, begging for five more minutes. He slid his other arm underneath her neck and kissed her hair, the smell of jasmine still remained.

Promise This (English Version)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें