57. Lucky

Sarah jumped into Hamdan's arms as soon as he crossed the door. Despite Patrick's initial refusal, his daughter and wife managed to convince him to take Hamdan's offer to stay at his beach house while Sarah finished recovering.

"I missed you!" She squealed.

After spending the weekend in the UK for the Epsom Derby, Hamdan came straight to see her from the airport. He encircled his arms around her waist and closed his eyes. The entire time he was abroad he kept thinking how much she would have liked to be there. Next year, the Epsom and the upcoming Royal Ascot would be so much more fun with Sarah by his side.

She tilted back, her tanned skin showing she had spent some time at the beach or by the pool side, freckles popping out on her nose. The floral dress she was wearing, exposing the birthmark on her shoulder. His thumb made its way up to it and started drawing little circles around it.

"Hi." He beamed.

Sarah bit her lower lip. "Hi."

She took his cap off and put it on her head, backwards, to close the space between them and kiss him.

"Where are your parents?"

"You're so adorable." She chuckled. "They took Rooster out for a walk before dinner."

"Great!" He relieved, pulling her by the back of the neck to kiss her. He pushed her torso and she arched her back, the cap fell on the floor while her fingers caressed his cheek.

He pulled her up to a standing position again and gave her another peck on the lips.

"Is your dad still hating me?" He wondered.

"Ugh! We had a huge fight the other day."

His hopes of making some advances with Pat crushing down to the ground. "What happened?"

"Nothing!" She shrugged. "He's being stubborn."

Hamdan squinted his eyes. "That was you ninety percent of the time since we met."

"Hey! I was just being cautious." An accusatory index finger pointing his way. "Anyways, I told him he could be a part of our wedding or not."

"Sarah!" He scolded.

"What? I was angry!"

She spun around and he started following her to the back of the house. His eyes traveled down on her body, from her waves cascading down on her back, to the hypnotic movement of her hips, to her toned legs. It had been too long and her dress was too short for his own safety.

They went into the kitchen and Sarah opened one of the doors of the stainless steel fridge to get something, once he lost sight of her behind the door, he finally managed to continue the conversation.

"Are you telling me that you don't care if your dad is not there on your wedding day?"

She closed the door and pouted while twisting a bottle of water open.

"Then why would you say something like that to him?" He insisted.

"Because I'm frustrated with him!" She took a sip from the bottle. "I can choose who I marry! I can do whatever I want! I'm a good daughter, I never have given them any sort of trouble... why can't he give me this?"

"He's scared." Hamdan conceded.

"So, what? Should we not get married because he's scared?" She scoffed.

He went over to the island in the middle of the kitchen and rested his lower back against it. "No, but I don't want you and him fighting over this."