Epilogue 2

Amber - a few years later

Song of the chapter - Can't Help Falling in Love by Lick the Tins

"You look beautiful." I told April. My best friend was definitely looking her most amazing.

"Are you sure? Is he going to like this?" She worried.

"Are you kidding? He's going to love it!"

April was so nervous, she never acted that concerned about what Nico thought. She was just who she was, and made no apologies about it. That's what made me love her so much. I couldn't help but love that girl who'd been there for me no matter what.

"I hope so."

"Of course he will, it's your wedding day. The day you've known was coming for years, he won't be able to take his eyes off of you." But I hoped to God he'd keep his hands off, at least until they were alone. Those two never ceased to make everyone else cringe at their PDA.

"April, it's almost time." I reminded her. She had checked her hair, make-up and dress at least twenty times since she had finished getting ready. I honestly hadn't thought the girl had an anxious bone in her body but, I was proven wrong.

"I don't know if I can do this. Was I nuts to plan an Art Deco theme?" The girl was actually wringing her hands together.

"No way! It's perfect! It totally matches the setting. You were right about the warehouse being a great venue." I reassured her. She had mentioned it so many times over the years, how it was the perfect spot, and for her and Nico, it just fit. The whole theme, including her dress, was inspired by the warehouse architecture.

"It kind of reminds me of Edward and Bella's wedding. That style was similar, right?" I asked as I adjusted her veil. It was lace with tiny seed pearls sewn in all over, catching the light as she walked. Both of us had period hairstyles with waves leading to loose buns at the nape of our necks.

April gave me a side eye after my comparison, which I knew would happen. She had already informed me of the difference and I figured I could irritate her personality back to the surface.

"Doll, I keep telling you, this is Gatsby, not World War One. Think glamor, not rations." She said, gesturing to the vintage dress she found after about a million hours of hunting flea markets and consignment stores. It was a satin dress, fitted through the hips then flaring out towards the ground in an A-line style. A beaded lace overlay gave the dress its old Hollywood feel. April added her Rock and roll twist by dying the hem of the dress a hot pink. It was just enough to make a statement, without being too outrageous. April had that down to an art form.

"Right. I think you've mentioned that."

"Besides, Nico isn't a thing like Edward, I put him in the Jacob category. He's less of a biter and more of a shredder." She said with a little wink.

"Oh my God, April! TMI! I did not need to know that!" That image would be the first thing in my head every time I saw Nico. But it would just be added to the long list I already had. Garrett still had to leave the room half of the time.

Garrett. I could hardly wait for the wedding to start so I could see him. He had kept Nico out of trouble the last twenty-four hours, which meant away from April. She wanted to be traditional and not see him before the wedding. He hated that idea, the guy couldn't go very long without her around. So Garrett was on duty to make sure he stayed away.