CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

"THAT DOG IS CRAZY!" Courtney exclaimed with a mouth full of cereal and waving her spoon around like it was a wand

"THAT DOG IS CRAZY!" Courtney exclaimed with a mouth full of cereal and waving her spoon around like it was a wand. Her eyes locked with Izzie's, who nodded. "I don't know what happened with that dog over the holidays. Did someone steal our Doc and swapped it with a wild animal or something? 'Cause that out there isn't the our dog." The two blonde girls were currently hiding in the bathroom and feared to leave, because of their pet roaming their household halls. Izzie was leaning against the door, holding a coffee mug in one hand, while Courtney sat on the edge of the bathtub.

They heard Doc barking and growling really loudly, which made them share a glance. "I know right?"

Eventually the barking stopped, which made Courtney feel a bit uncomfortable. Her gut feeling told her that either something was up or they were going to be mauled by the animal outside. "Am I the only one who—"

Her sentence got cut short, when they heard George's muffled yelling, coming closer and closer. "IZZIE! COURTNEY! Incoming!" The former acted quickly, even though she was quite startled, and opened the door. George ran inside as fast as humanly possible, before they both slammed the door shut – keeping Doc out. Courtney waved with her spoon at George. He smiled back, but was unable to greet her due to him being out of breath. Izzie handed George her coffee mug, which he gratefully accepted.

"You know I'm thinking about coloring my hair. Maybe red."

"Really? I think red would look really good on you, Iz. I always wanted to dye my hair in a light blue pastel color, but never really had the guts to do it," Courtney replied and her hand went through her blonde locks. "I almost did when I graduated college, but the friend I was going to do it with cancelled at the last minute."

"Yeah, red's good. Light blue also seems pretty. I'm actually thinking about cutting mine." George revealed.

"Yeah? It'll look good shorter."

"You think?" George wondered, looking a little surprised. They all glanced at each other, when suddenly it was quiet in the hallway. Doc's loud barking had stopped. Finally. A sigh of relief escaped their lips. Then, they heard Meredith giving their dog compliments. George and Izzie opened the door tentatively and peeked out. Courtney stood up and joined them outside.

"What a good dog. Who's mommy's good boy?" Meredith was patting and shaking the dog's paw. "You're such a good boy." They all looked stunned by this. "What are you guys doing in there? We're going to be late."

"We need to talk about the dog." George started.

"That's not a dog. It's a hyena, escaped from the zoo just in dog clothing."

"Whatever! I don't chew up his clothes. I don't urinate on his bed. I don't try to mount him from behind!"

"People, he's our dog. We love our dog. He loves us."