Chapter 7

Alex's pov

As soon as I said that, she ran out of door. Crap. I thought. Crap is right! What were you thinking idiot! Max scolded. I dont know! I just wasn't in the mood ok? He rolled his eyes, then I cut the connection.

I sprinted after Lucy, hoping she won't get hurt like last time. You're the reason she got hurt last time. Max grumbled. Shut up.

As soon as I saw her, I yelled,"Lucy! Get back here!" I was catching up, if only I could get closer. "No! Your a monster!" A monster! Mate thinks we're monsters all because of you! Max yelled. This is not the time for this Max!

"Lucy, just let me explain!" She shook her head

I then sniffed the air. Rogue. I looked around and I saw a rogue straight ahead from Lucy. I was about to call out to her, when she bumped into his chest and he said something I couldn't really hear. I shifted into my wolf just as he shifted and pounced on Lucy. Mate! Max said as he shifted and forced control.

Max's pov

The rogue clawed at Lucy's chest and I ran over to the rogue, and bit one of his back legs. He whimpered then kicked me off. He went for my neck but I dodged it and bit deep into his shoulder. He threw me off and clawed my stomach. I went straight for the kill and snapped his neck instantly.

Lucy. I turned around to see Lucy unconscious on the ground. I licked her wounds, then shifted before I grabbed a pair of shorts.

I picked her up and started walking walking towards the pack hospital as her blood kept coming and coming. John! Get a room for Lucy ready! She got attacked and is currently unconscious. I yelled through mind-link, using my alpha tone. He responded with a quick 'yes alpha'. Right when I got in the hospital, they put her on a bed right away then pushed the bed into a room. Please let her be alright. I thought just as I let Alex have control again.

Alex's pov

I can't believe I let our mate get hurt because of me. I'll never forgive myself. I sat on a chair next to Lucy's bed. I put her hand in mine and slightly squeezed it,"Please get better Lucy. I could never forgive myself if you died." I whispered as my tear fell on her cheek.

"Lucy?" I heard Ariel say as she came in. "What happened Alex?" She asked as she sat in the chair next to me. "She got...attacked...by a rogue." I replied hesitatenly. She gasped. "Her chest!" I sighed,"The rouge shifted and clawed at her chest. The doctor said it was really deep."

"Well I really hope she gets better. I'll be back." I nodded as she walked out the door.

I sat there in silence for a bit, then the doctor walked in. "Excuse me? Alpha?" I turned to him and nodded. "It seems that Lucy-" "Luna." I cut him off. He nodded,"It seems that our luna is...in a coma." It took me a while to process that, then my eyes widened. "Really?!" I said surprised, as I grabbed her hand. "Yes a-alpha. *cough* we don't know when, or if she'll wake up." I nodded then waved him off and he left.

"I'm so sorry lucy. This wouldn't of happened if it wasn't for me." I said, tears threatening to come out. I kissed her forehead, then laid my head on the bed, falling into a dreamless sleep.

_______________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading! Sorry it took so long to publish, I kept getting distracted while writing😅. Anyway, thanks!

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow :)