Chapter 16

Lucy's pov

"Hey. Hey Lucy." I peek an eye open to see my annoying mate staring at me in a weird way. I mentally sigh. He's being weird again. "What do you want?" I asked as I closed my eye and snuggled deeper into the soft, comfy sheets. "Don't you know what today is?" Does it really matter what today is? "Um...Tuesday?" He chuckled. "Well yeah, but no. Today is your birthday.....did you forget?" I paused. Wait it's my birthday today? I checked my phone and the date was definitely my birthday. Well then.

"Uh...pshh....no. Why would- how could forget my own birthday? Pshh. Whaaa?" I said trying to sound as convincing as possible. "Yeah sure. Anyway I wanted to take you out on a date today. What do ya say?" I groaned. "Fine but let me sleep a little longer." I snuggled deeper into the sheets. "Nope." He said as he pulled off all the blankets and the cold air hit my skin. "Ahh! Why!?" I said as I reached for the blanket. "You need to get up now." I groaned. "Fine."

I get out of bed and walked into the bathroom, deciding to take a shower. I turned on the water and hopped in once it was at the a nice temperature.

"I see you driving 'round town with the guy I loveeee and I'm like forget youuuu! Oh oh oh!" I started singing. Then I heard chuckling. I looked behind the shower curtain to see Alex standing there. "Continue." He said as I blushed. "Get out of here." He laughed and left. I shook my head and finished bathing.

I hopped out and grabbed my towel then headed back into the room to change. I walked into the closet and grabbed and short red dress with spaghetti straps. I slipped that on and put on my high heels. God I hate how high heels make me look so good but feel so bad. I grabbed some hair supplies and walked into the bathroom.

I blow dried my hair then brushed it till all the knots were gone. I braided the sides of my hair and put it all into a bun using bobby pins. The finished product looked nice. It was my first time doing my hair all 'fancy'.

Time for some makeup! I grabbed my mascara and eyeliner and put those on first. Next, I lightly applied on red lipstick. Lastly, a small amount of blush. It wasn't much but damn I'm hot.

I walked out of the bathroom to see Alex on his phone, waiting for me. "Alex?" He looked up and his jaw basically dropped to the floor once he saw me. "Lucy you look-wow." I giggled. "I look wow?" He shook his head and blinked a couple of times. "No you- good- you look nice." I raised and eyebrow. "I look nice? Just nice?" "No what I mean was-" I cut him off by kissing his soft lips. "I know what you mean. Anyway lets go." I said while skipping out of the room.

I hopped in the car and waited for Alex to come impatiently. "Hurry up ya slow poke! Before I take myself on a date!" I yelled out the window.

I then heard laughter from the other pack members that were eavesdropping. "Mind ya own business!" I yelled at them only to hear more laughter followed by me rolling my eyes.

"Okay I'm done." Alex said as he got in the car. "So where are we going?" I asked. "Why would I tell you. It's a surprise." I folded my arms and looked out the window. "Hmph!"

***

I didn't even realize I was sleeping until Alex said,"Lucy wake up. We're here." He said while shaking me. "Five more minutes mom." I said while waving him off. He chuckled. "Come on." He said as he picked me up. "Nooo. I just wanna sleep." He locked the car and set me down. "Come on, it'll be worth it." I sighed and rubbed the drool off my mouth. "Ok."

I looked around and realized we were in the forest. Why are we here. Is he gonna kill me here so no one finds the body. Well isn't that a great birthday present.

It took about five minutes till I saw these vines hanging from the trees. I pushed past the vines and gasped. "Wow! This is beautiful!" I said looking around. "Not as beautiful as you." Alex said as picked me up and kissed me as he started to spin.

"Thats not all." He started walking over to a table and chairs, which I hadn't noticed before, and set me down on one of the chairs. He pushed me in and sat across from me. "So, are we having food or..." He nodded. "Kyle!" He yelled. Why is Kyle here? I looked to the side to see Kyle walking towards us with plates in his hands. I then noticed that kyle was wearing a female maid outfit. Why? I really don't know but I ain't complaining. This was really funny.

Kyle walked up to the table and set down the plates along with some wine. Ooo. Fancy! On the plate was cooked steak with broccoli and mashed potatoes on the side. Don't mind if I do. Without hesitation, I dug in. I didn't care about eating like a pig in front of Alex, he's gonna be stuck with me for the rest of our lives so he better get used to this.

"I'm guessing you like the food?" He chuckled. I nodded and kept stuffing my face while Alex on the other hand, was eating like a civilized person. Although, it was weird that we were having steak for breakfast, but then again I did wake up late so it's probably the afternoon.

I giggled and was already done with my food. "Well you definitely didn't waste time eating." I nodded and looked around. To my left was a small water fall creating a small stream. On the right was just a few trees with vines. This place was absolutely beautiful.

"So, where'd you find this place?" I asked him once he finished eating. "I used to come here all the time as a kid. Even now, when I want to get out of my alpha duties, I come here." He said as he looked around. "Well now you can come here with me. We'll be stuck together forever anyway." I said smiling. He chuckled and nodded. "I love you Alex." I said as I walked over to him and hugged him. "I love you too." He said as he kissed me on the lips. This was the best birthday ever.

______________________________________________________

The end.

Jk that's the end of the chapter. Thanks for reading! 1126 words! So this wasn't the last chapter but I will be ending this book soon so yeah. So what'd ya think of the chapter? Also, I'm thinking about changing the cover for this story but idk. I would like if y'all commented from time to time -3- Anyway, thanks!

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow :)