Chapter 38

Vinny and Oliver had a great time getting food together. They laughed, joked around and became very comfortable with each other as they sat incredibly close. It's one thing they love to do. They love feeling the warmth and the comfort but they also cherished each other's scent and touch.

So, they decided to make a game out of it.

The challenge was to see how close they could get to each other no matter where they were. Even if they were eating their dinner, they'd have to be extremely close.

Vinny loves having someone he can be silly with. And now, he loves having a male soulmate. He didn't know how to explain it, it just came naturally to him. It's almost like his mind forgot that he ever thought he was attracted to females. It's like they didn't even exist.

Right now, Oliver was sitting on the bed in the first-aid room. Vinny was standing in between his legs as he carefully re-stitched up his wound.

John was tired and didn't really have much experience when he tried to do it in the early hours of the morning. But Vinny has lived for a very long time and knows exactly what he was doing.

He moved slowly and was very delicate. He was certain he would never hurt his soulmate again.

Oliver watched his concentration face. The wound did feel a lot better when the vampire started wrapping it back up. It felt clean and ready to start healing.

"Thanks," He smiled and pulled his sleeve back over it.

"You're welcome," He said softly and held gently onto Oliver's hands.

They both watched each other, feeling happy in one another's company as they tingled from the physical contact.

Oliver took the vampire by surprise and suddenly wrapped his arms around his waist. He hugged him tight and smiled wide.

"One point to me," He mumbled into the side of Vinny's face who was startled but hugged back.

"Not for long," His deep velvet voice spoke with a mischievous tone.

He quickly pulled Oliver's head back and leant forwards to push their lips together. Oliver raised his eyebrows, yet he didn't hesitate to kiss back.

Their whole bodies numbed with excitement and Vinny felt his heart thumping in his chest. They wrapped their arms tighter around one another, instantly wanting to be much closer.

Vinny's mind was scrambled and all he could concentrate on was his soulmate. He loved the delicate feel of his lips and how smooth they felt when they rubbed against his own.

Affection, passion and lust were quickly filling their hearts.

Oliver brought his hand up and tangled it into the back of his hair. Vinny loved that feeling. He then pulled the kiss a little deeper which was new to them both. They haven't let their passion take over yet but it was something they were both waiting for, just in case the other one wasn't ready.

As the heat rose with every kiss, Oliver found himself craving the taste of Vinny and his strong arms, holding him securely. He wrapped his legs around him.

One kiss had turned into something much more meaningful but it's what they needed after the crazy event earlier this morning.

They started to breath heavier and the vampire felt so much love, he was sure his heart was glowing. Their lips moved perfectly as they continued to kiss. Nothing else mattered as long as they were right here, together in this moment.

A few more pleasure filled moments had passed them by before they started to slow down the kiss. With every heavy breath, they planted gentle kisses onto one another's lips. When they kiss like this, their souls can't help but blend together.

"I think that's two points to me," Vinny breathed. He pulled back to see the love sparkling in Oliver's eyes.

He chuckled softly and traced a delicate hand gently down his cheek.

They both took their time to soak up any affection that was still flooding in their hearts. They couldn't believe how quickly their feelings have developed but to them, they would not have it any other way.

"Is it still weird for you to be this close to a guy?" Oliver asked and unwrapped his legs.

"No, not anymore. I can't imagine myself with a female soulmate now, and I don't want to."

This made Oliver feel the love that Vinny felt when he said that. He didn't know how he knew it was from him, he just did.

"Good." He whispered and leant back in to give him one last kiss.

They just shared a passionate make out session and already, they could feel their bond and relationship growing stronger.

Vinny then stepped back and closed the first-aid box. Oliver jumped down from the bed and waited until he had finished.

As they left the room, Oliver took Vinny's hand when they started walking down the corridor. When he intertwined their fingers, Vinny gave him a sideways glance.

"I don't think you're close enough," He spoke with amusement flashing in his eyes.

Oliver grinned and put his arm around his shoulders as they walked. Vinny put his arm around Oliver's waist, holding him securely.

"Now we're even." He watched Oliver's big eyes shine with the light of the chandeliers.

"Boys!" They heard a familiar voice shout, making them look up. Duke was walking towards them at the other end of the corridor.

When he saw his son and his soulmate so close, he couldn't help but smile. It has been a pleasure for him and Madison to watch their son develop a friendship and strong feelings with him.

Oliver brought his arm back down by his side, but Vinny still held him close. He needed to.

"Vinny, you have to come to the council meeting with us," Duke knew today wasn't a great day for them to be apart but his son's opinion is just as important as theirs when it comes to deciding rules and regulations.

"Do I have to come?" He sighed, forgetting about their Tuesday meetings.

"I'm afraid so, but don't worry, we'll make sure you're back in two hours."

"I'll go hang out with my dad for a while." Oliver could see that Vinny didn't want to leave him by his returning frown.

"When does it start?"

"We're leaving now, your mum is putting on her coat."

Vinny did not look impressed. He wanted to spend all his free time with Oliver but unfortunately, having a higher power comes with responsibilities.

He turned and pulled his soulmate into a hug with a glum expression.

"That's another point to me," He mumbled, making Oliver laugh.

"No, it's not," He pulled his head back. "This doesn't count."

"Yes, it does," Vinny's gaze softened at the sound of Oliver's laugh before pulling him back into him.

"It definitely doesn't."

Duke had no idea what they were talking about.

"Okay fine, but I'll catch up," Oliver stood back with a cheeky grin.

"Oh, I'm counting on it." Vinny bit lightly on his bottom lip and Oliver's heart flustered very fast.

"Come on you, we really need to get going," Duke sighed and patted his son's shoulder. They both snapped out of their gaze and Vinny nodded.

"I'll see you in two hours." He gave him one last smile before following his dad down the corridor.

Oliver watched until they were gone. He smiled to himself and turned to walk in the opposite direction. He already felt a little bit lonely without him in his sights.