Chapter 95

The Vanderwood's, Oliver, and John had a very productive day. After they finished paintballing, they got some lunch before sitting next to a big open field.

It was almost four in the evening and the boys were having a snowball fight.

Madison, Duke, and John sat at a picnic table as Jed was casually standing next to the car, making sure everything was okay.

The area was completely empty. There wasn't another soul in sight.

"So yes, I don't know. I just think there's something unusual about him" Duke said. He was talking about Jed.

"In what way?" Madison asked.

"He's just too good at what he does. I know that sounds ridiculous but back in the woods he could hear things that I could only just hear and he's human. That shouldn't be"

John did wonder about that bodyguard. He was a nice person but very mysterious.

"Maybe we should have a chat with him when we get back. Or we should ask for a full background check on him" Madison said.

"That's not a bad idea," Duke said. "We'll do a background check first, then we'll question him"

Everyone agreed to that.

Jed was very good at his job and has poured everything into his work to look after Vinny and now Oliver. But there was something very different about him and they had to find out what.

They then turned their attention to the boys to seek entertainment in whatever they were doing.

"We can make a snow angel!" Oliver yelled as he dived on Vinny's back, knocking him into the deep snow.

Vinny laid on the ground for a second before rolling over and sweeping a lot of it onto Oliver.

"Sorry, I don't think the whole city quite heard that" He Joked as Oliver kicked some back.

Oliver ignored him before lying down and making a snow angel.

Vinny chuckled and deliberately ruined it by walking through its shape.

"Vinny," Oliver said and pushed him away. "Wait I have a challenge" He then got up and stood in front of his soulmate.

"Let me stand on your shoulders, I want to see if I can see the house from here"

Vinny shook his head at his random ideas.

"Fine" He mumbled before crouching down.

Carefully, Oliver put his hands on Vinny's head and a foot on his shoulder.

"Let me take this foot in my hands," Vinny said as he took hold of Oliver's foot so he could balance easier.

Then slowly, he stood up.

Oliver wobbled a few times but managed to balance as he let go of Vinny's head and stood up straight.

gradually, Vinny put Oliver's foot on his other shoulder and took hold of his ankles for extra support.

He could see everyone watching and he stared blankly ahead.

He didn't think he'd ever be doing odd things like this with his soulmate but Oliver is completely weird sometimes, and he loves that.

"I'd hate to be this tall," Oliver said as he nearly lost his balance. "It's quite scary up here"

Vinny shook his head and smiled.

"Are you scared of heights?" He asked whilst concentrating on being still.

"No. well, maybe. I probably am"