Chapter 97

The whole room felt Jed's words pulsing through their heads.

An angel? There's no way.

Jed remained calm as everyone stared at him.

Oliver was first to react. He let out a nervous chuckle which to Vinny, was music to his ears.

"You're what?" He questioned as his smile dropped as quickly as it came. Surely he's lying... right?

Jed turned to him, there was no going back.

"I am an angel" He repeated.

Duke looked him up and down, his mouth slightly open from shock.

"You're lying," He said. This was too surreal.

"I know it's a big shock but-"

"Prove it" Vinny interrupted. He was watching Jed with interest. He believed him but his eyes needed solid proof.

Jed understood his request. It was hard to believe just words these days.

He looked around the room once more.

Oliver subconsciously gripped Vinny's waistcoat. He always got really close and craved his vampires protective manner when he's in a challenging situation.

"Okay, I'll show you proof. But please, this may be overwhelming"

Nobody could take their gaze away from him. Was he seriously telling the truth?

He's an angel!?

It was so hard to believe.

Jed stepped back and took a calming breath.

He hesitated but realised he has gone too deep, he couldn't take any of it back. Maybe it wasn't a bad thing that they knew who he really was.

"Just, brace yourselves," He said.

Everyone watched with interest but also with a hint of fear for the unknown.

As they stared at the man they once knew as a normal human, a faint white glow started to appear behind him.

Just then, as quick as a blink, a pair of incredible white wings hung effortlessly on his back.

Vinny felt Oliver's knees almost buckle. If they weren't holding onto each other, he may have fallen. He could feel how overwhelming this was for him and he too was extremely taken back by all of this.

"You okay?" He whispered without taking his gaze away from this... angel.

"Yeah," Oliver breathed. He too couldn't bring his gaze away.

Everyone gawped, blinked, and rubbed their eyes.

It was true.

Jed was an angel.

Standing in their dining-room.

How could this be? But wait...

Angels are real.

The wings were almost the same height as Jed as he couldn't resist giving them a stretch. He hasn't shown them for a long time and he was filled with relief now that they had room to breathe and move.

Fully stretched, they were around ten feet tall and almost twelve feet wide.

He watched everyone's faces, but they all had the same mix of emotions. They were amazed at the perfect white wings. Each feather was beautifully shaped and they were incredibly mesmerising.

Jed felt a little self-conscious, being the only angel in the room. He wondered if Oliver felt the same, being the only human.

After everyone had a few more seconds to process what they were seeing, Jed put them away.