Chapter 39

"That was good, there wasn't anyone demanding anything too big," Madison said as Duke held the door open for her.

"Yes, there are a few things to consider but nothing major. It certainly makes a change," He chuckled and held the door open for Vinny too.

They had been away from the mansion for one hour and forty minutes.

"Right, let's get you back to Oliver," Madison linked arms with her son. He was his usual moody self but now he could feel the pulling sensation in his chest of not being with his soulmate. It was horrible and made him feel really lonely.

He has come to realise just how much he likes having company, now that he spends most of his hours with Oliver.

"Can we just get back quickly please?" He mumbled.

"Don't worry, you'll get back in time," Duke reassured him, seeing the discomfort on his face.

He and Madison have only felt the pulling sensation in their bond, once. And that was after seven days without each other. Their bond is medium, therefore, it allows them to be separated for that many days. They were only apart for two minutes over their mark but after they felt it they vowed never to feel it again, it felt that terrible.

When they got in the car, Vinny checked his watch.

fifteen minutes left.

* * * * *

Oliver was sitting in the living room and John sat opposite him. He was trying to read a book but Oliver's fidgeting was too distracting.

"Are you okay over there?" John asked as he closed it and put it on the table.

Oliver was too deep in thought to hear him. He was thinking about the vampire. When it get's close to their limit, their minds are full of each other because their bodies are craving for them to be close again.

"Oliver," John said and this time he heard it. He looked up but his expression was distant.

"Sorry," He sighed and shifted in his seat. "It's this bond thing."

John nodded, showing he understood.

"How long have you been apart?"

"Almost two hours." Oliver rubbed his chest. He felt the same thing when he was trapped in the garden. But there wasn't any cold to distract him from the loneliness this time.

"So, how does it feel?" John asked. He was interested but a little concerned because his son did look quite uncomfortable.

"It feels like a rope is attached to our chests and it's being stretched really hard," He said. "But in my head, I feel quite lost and lonely. I just miss him so much." Oliver was becoming impatient. There were only eight minutes left. He didn't know if this feeling got any worse if they didn't make it back to each other on time.

"Wow, so you can feel it physically and mentally too?"

Oliver nodded and tapped his feet.

"You know what, I'm going to stand by the front door," He said before quickly getting up.

"Okay, I'm sure he'll be here soon," John tried to reassure him as his son hurried out of the room. He couldn't imagine what it must feel like. But he also couldn't imagine loving someone more than life itself, which is how Oliver and Vinny feel every time they look into one another's eyes.

* * * * *

Vinny glared out of the window and rubbed his chest. They seemed to stop at every traffic light and he was becoming very impatient.