Chapter 83

The blood drained from Vinny's face as he continued to stare through the window.

"Vinny? Are you still there?" Duke asked. He was very shaken up.

Vinny cleared his throat. He was having a hard time snapping back to reality.

"Yes," He said and Duke could tell this would be really hard for him to tell Oliver.

"We're at the hospital now, John has been rushed off somewhere," Duke said, but let another sad sigh escape. "Vinny, I don't know if he's going to make it"

Oliver looked up when he felt Vinny's overwhelming emotions.

Vinny saw that he was watching him and knew here was not the place to tell him.

"We're on our way," He said and without waiting for a reply, he hung up.

Oliver watched as Vinny walked into the shop and over to Jed. He whispered something into the bodyguards ear, which changed Jed's expression.

He then watched as Vinny masked his true emotions and tried putting on a brave one, to face his soulmate with.

"Oliver, we need to go," Vinny said as he took his hand and pulled him quickly towards the door.

"What's going on? Why are you feeling like that?" He could feel stress and worry coming from Vinny, which was highly unusual. "Is my dad okay?"

The way that Vinny glanced at him made his mind burst with dread.

Vinny didn't say anything as they walked quickly through town and back to the car.

Jed knew they had to get to the hospital, and fast.

Just before Vinny reached for the door handle, Oliver pulled him around.

"What is going on?" He asked.

Vinny found it hard to look him in the eye. He was about to tell him something that will cause a lot of pain and sorrow to swamp his chest. But he had to know.

With a deep breath, he took hold of his hands.

"It's your dad," He said before looking up and connecting their gaze. "He had a heart attack"

The expression on Oliver's face dropped as the noises around him were sucked from his ears. All he could hear was the hard thumping of his heart, echoing through his mind.

"What" He whispered. His words were barely audible, but Vinny could hear him. "Is he going to be okay?"

Vinny inspected his face as he felt regret wash through him, but he had to tell his soulmate the truth.

"I don't know"

That's when Oliver covered his mouth with his hand and tried blinking back his tears.

"Oh god" He whispered, but people around them were starting to notice that something was wrong.

"Let's go," Jed said, making Vinny enter back into his surroundings.

Vinny then opened the door as Oliver subconsciously got in. He walked around the other side and also climbed in.

He watched as Oliver tried putting on his seatbelt, his hands were shaking.

Jed watched them both in the mirror and waited until they were buckled up before speeding off down the street.

Vinny stared at Oliver as he could see he was getting lost in a stack of negative thoughts. He could tell he was thinking the worst case scenarios and in this situation, it would only help if he stayed positive.