Chapter 6 - Bookshelves and Doorbells

Spencer

Spencer was walking in circles in his crammed living room, the clock ticking away. His mind was going in all sorts of places, as if tripping over nothing. Lost. None of his theories made sense, and he was starting to go crazy.

Something.

There must be something, something that linked the victims together, no matter how seemingly insignificant. And yet the genius could not exactly tell what. Completely defeated, he looked around his room, as if searching for help. Nothing but his green walls, covered in bookshelves. He felt helpless.

The young doctor passed his hand through his already messy hair and sighed, as he pulled out a few fawn coloured strands. Morgan was right, Spencer had been too anxious lately.

As he stared into his palm, his eyes widened. He finally knew.

Spencer glanced at his clock.

Lilith

2:47 AM.

Who was ringing her doorbell so early?

The young woman threw the covers off the bed, a little annoyed. For once Lilith's insomnia was kind to her, and somehow she was still strayed away from sleep.
As she started dressing, she realised that it was Mrs.Moriarty, her neighbour. This had happened a couple of times before. She was an old lady, and sometimes disoriented, losing track of time and place, and rung her neighbours' door thinking it was her own. Having her see Lilith in her pyjamas was the least of her worries.
What she usually did was direct the old woman back to her apartment, assure her that Whiskers, who had died years ago, had enough food and tuck her into her bed.

Lilith quickly went to her door, worried something might happen to the elderly woman if she made her wait too long.
She placed her palm on the handle, and pulled.
"Mrs Moriar-"

She froze.

Coffee, Tea //  Spencer Reidजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें