Chapter 15 - A New Case

Spencer

Rushing to get out of his apartment, a sign caught the doctor's eye.

"To Rent"

Despite the alcohol leaving Spencer's brain a little fuzzy, he remembered snippets from his conversation with Lilith from the night before.

"I can't wait to move out of this place."

"You're looking for a new flat?"

"Yeah..."

The flat was only a floor underneath him. Spencer quickly thought, before taking out his phone and snapping a picture of the sign. He sent it to Lilith, hoping to help her in her quest to find an affordable flat in Washington.

Looking at his watch, he realised he was running late for work.

***

As soon as he got to the bureau, Aaron's familiar voice announced,

"Wheels up in thirty."

Sighing, Spencer grabbed his travelling bag and brewed himself a cup of coffee before going in the direction of the private jet.

The whole team boarded onto the engine, and as soon as the agents sat down, Reid's phone rang.

Spencer looked at the message.

From: Lilith

Oh my sweet lord! Thank youuu! :D I called to see the apartment, I'm so excited! Also, remember when you talked about the fact that I needed to see Star Trek? Well, my visit of the flat is next Saturday, are you free?

Spencer quickly typed back, enthusiastic.

That's great! :) by the way, about Star Trek, bring pop corn and a lot of blankets.

The doctor switched off his phone as the plane's engine started. A huge smile was drawn on his face, which caused the team to throw curious looks in his direction.

"That's really weird..." Morgan said, perplexed.

"Yeah... he's been smiling a lot recently. It's suspicious." Prentiss agreed.

"You know what? I think it's because of that party we went to last night. Remember? He left super drunk with a girl?" JJ suggested.

"Ooh- Spencer got some! Who's the girl?"

"I don't know, some French chick I think." Morgan said.

"She's South Korean, Japanese and French. And nothing is going on between me and Lilith. We're friends." Reid had tried to ignore his teammates, in vain.

"Lilith? As in Lilith Park, the medical examiner from last case?" Morgan teased the doctor. "Scandalous... I never thought you'd be the one to mix work and private life..." he smiled as he saw Spencer gradually losing patience.

"No, it's true. It just has happened, over the last few weeks, that Lilith and I have developed a friendship."

"Hmm..."

The team let Spencer off the hook, but exchanged some smirks, waiting for the rest of the story to unfold.

As soon as they arrived at their destination, the doctor's phone vibrated in his pocket.

From: Lilith

Oki Doki! See you on Saturday, Doc :)