Chapter Fifteen

[Drake: Hold on, we're going home]

Alexa

I know now that my heart is starting to betray me right now. I can't let this happen because I might get hurt again. That's a good thing that he has to go back to New York. So, the last time I saw him was at the fair, and that was two weeks ago. Right now, I'm at the coffee shop near my office. I order a hot cappuccino because the weather is quite chilly. The aromatic smell hit my nose as soon as I got inside the shop. I love how the smell of it can make me feel at peace.

Right after I got out of the shop, I nearly dropped my coffee because I bumped into someone. It is a good thing because my coffee does not spill onto his suit. I don't want to cause any trouble this early in the morning. Gosh, that's a clumsy move.

"I'm sorry.." I said that and walked past him.

"Alexa?" I stopped after I heard my name being called. I turned around to see someone who is somewhat familiar, but I can't remember when I met him. "Alexa right?" He asks again. I nodded my head in confusion.

"You know me?" I ask dumbly. He looks so familiar, but I can't recognise him.

"It's me, Joseph. Elijah's best friend, Joseph Sanchez, You can't remember my handsome face?" I look at him, but still, I can't remember him. It's because when I was Elijah's wife, he just brought me to meet his friends like twice or three times. That's why I can't remember that face, even though it's familiar.

"Ummm hello. Nice to meet you." I said, "This is really awkward. He pulls out his hand for a handshake, and I take his hand. I smiled at him.

"Nice to meet you too, Alexa. You look so different now, and I can say your life is good now. Oh, by the way, are you busy? If not, maybe we can have a talk?" He asks, and I find myself nodding my head. "Cool, let's go." He leads me back into the shop. We sit at the empty table near the window. I put my coffee on the table and looked at him.

"What do you want to talk about?" I ask. It's still early, so I just agreed to 'talk' with him.

"It's good to see you living your best life now, Alexa," he said, smiling.

"I guess it's just luck? I don't know, but yeah, I am grateful for what I have now," I said to him.

"Good for you. Well, since we meet here, let me just go straight to the point because I don't want to waste your time too much. I know you have lots of work to do. Okay, I know I shouldn't say this, but I just want you to accept and take Elijah back." He said that, and that got my attention. What the hell?

"Are you here because he asks you to talk to me like this? You act like we happened to meet outside and then help him beg me or what?" I ask, and he quickly shakes his head and says no.

"Elijah didn't ask me to do anything. I'm in LA because I have some work here, and our meeting is not in my intention. I just think I should help him get you back. You know what? He's changed, and all he wants is you, not anyone else." He explains, but I don't have any interest in listening; he's talking about Elijah.

"Of course you could say all this because he is your best friend. Every best friend in this world wants to see their best friend happy." I heard him take a deep sigh.

"Alexa, You know, I'm not the type of man to easily say this to a woman, but I think I have to. Please rethink accepting him back. I want to see him happy, just like in the old days. Please." Did he just beg me to go back to Elijah? I just stay silent and take a sip of my cappuccino. "When he was back in New York two weeks ago, I didn't know why he was so gloomy, and you know what? He just fired his employees because they were late for about 30 seconds, and that's crazy. What did you do to him until he became like that?" He explained, and then he asked me.