Chapter Eighteen

Shawn Mendes: "There's nothing holding me back."

Alexa

Elijah brought me to an expensive restaurant. Even though I'm pissed at him, I still eat the food that he ordered for both of us. He orders me a portion of pasta and also a mushroom soup, and for him, he orders lasagna. I eat it fast because I don't want to be with him for too long. Right now, my mind just wants to get out of here and back to the hotel.

After a few minutes, we finally finished our dinner, which was good. The food is so delicious, and I have to come back here again, but not with him. We're in the car and on our way to go back to our hotel.

Then, I look around to see that it's not the right way to go back to the hotel. I remembered the road, and I'm so sure it's not the right way. "This is not the road to go back to the hotel. Elijah, don't do anything stupid." I said, and my heart feels uneasy all of a sudden. What if he plans to do something bad to me because I don't want to accept him? God, please help me.

"I'm not going to do anything bad to you. I just want to talk about us." He said that, and I looked at him.

"We don't have anything to talk about, Elijah," I said, crossing my arms to my chest. "Now, let's turn the car and go back to the hotel," I said, but he didn't follow what I said and just drove straight. "Elijah! I said, "Let's go back!" He didn't listen. The best thing to do is just keep quiet and look outside the window.

After a few minutes, we arrive at one of the condominiums in Italy. Elijah parks the car and gets out of it. I didn't want to get out of it until Elijah opened the door for me. "Let's go." He said, and I got out of the car and followed Elijah inside that condominium. I look around to see all the decorations and designs that are so pretty, and I can see this is an expensive condo.

Elijah just leads the way until both of us are in the lift now. "Where are we, Elijah?" I ask.

"On our way to my penthouse." He said it casually, and that makes my eyes widen. His penthouse?

"Ho-," he cut me off.

"I have my own penthouses in more than ten countries. This is one of them." He explains, and I just stay speechless. A moment later, the lift finally arrived at his penthouse.

"Come in." He grabs my wrist and brings me to the living room.

"I don't want to be here for too long. So, let's just talk about what you want to talk about." I said, "Take a seat on one of the couches there. He takes a seat next to me.

"Alexa, I brought you here just because I really want to be with you again. I want us to be a happy family. I've already said this to you a lot of times, but you just rejected it without giving me any chances. Give me a second chance to prove that I want you back." He starts.

"I told you so many times that I didn't want you in my life anymore. I already have my own life, and I'm happy with it. Please don't ever try to ruin it. We can meet, but only for the sake of Gabriel and Gabriella. Find another woman to make you happy. I know there are a lot of women waiting for you out there," I reply.

"I know that I'm fucked up because of what I did three years ago, but why don't you give me one more chance?" You never gave me any of it, and now please give me that chance, Alexa." I take a deep breath and look at him.

"I don't know. I don't want to get hurt because I'm tired of getting hurt. What if you hurt me again?" He holds my hand and caresses my cheeks.

"I won't, I promise you. This time, I'll appreciate you more than before and also be a good father to our children. You just need to open your heart for me and let me in, Alexa. Just one more chance." He said, and I don't know why all my hatred towards him is going out of the window, and I feel like I want to be with him back. Is it the right thing to do?

NO!

NO!

NO!

I can't go back to him, but then I feel something brilliant coming out of my mind. I smile evilly in my mind. If he wants that chance, I will give it to him, but not for real. Well, he might think it's for real, but whatever.

"Okay then, I'll give you one more chance to let you prove to me what you said just now." He cut me off.

"Really? Oh my god... Alexa, thank you so much. You know how long I waited for this time to finally come, and it's today." Then he leans in and kisses me. I hesitate to kiss him back, to be honest, because I just want to make him fall for me to make my plan go smoothly. We'll see how long it takes to make men stupidly fall into this plan.

Revenge. That's what I want to do. Makes him believe I want him back and leave him just like he did to me. He needs to feel what I felt back there. This time, the stray dog is him, not me.

Suddenly, the kiss turns out to be a very passionate kiss. We kiss for I don't know how long until he moves his lips to my jaw and my neck, then goes back to my lips. He's now above me while I am lying on the couch. The kiss becomes so hot, and then I feel him carrying me upstairs, but the kiss still doesn't break. This is dangerous. SHIT!

Just then, I felt something soft behind me, and I knew that I was now on the bed with Elijah above me. He starts to roam his hand all over my body, and I know if I don't stop him, we will end up having sex. So, the next thing I do is push him and make him fall to the floor. I look at him, and his face looks shocked, and I know he doesn't expect me to do that.

I sit up straight, and he comes onto the bed and sits next to me. "I'm sorry, I want to take things slow," I said.

"I know, and I'm sorry. I just can't help myself because I miss you so much." He said that, and I just nodded my head.

"You didn't let me finish my sentence back there. So, here's the thing." He looks at me. I need to tell him. "I did say that I gave you a chance, but not for you to get in my heart. If you betray me again, you won't be able to see me again, and probably not the twins either." I finally said it, and his face dropped immediately.

That's only the beginning, Elijah.

"I promise you I won't betray you again. I will be a good boyfriend and a good father to our children," he said. Boyfriend? That's disgusting as fuck.

"I'm tired. Can I sleep here tonight?" I turned to look at him, and he smiled weakly at me.

"Of course, baby, you can." He answers me, and with that, I lay my back down and turned my back to face him. I close my eyes to make myself sleep. I don't like him calling me 'baby' because I feel so gross hearing it, especially when that word comes out of his mouth.

A moment later, I felt hands wrap around my waist. "I don't think this is necessary. It's not like I want this." I open my eyes to see him.

"But-"

"Get off, or I'm going back to the hotel." I said sternly, and his hand moved to my waist. He makes some space between us, and I close my eyes to sleep.

_________________________________________________________

Do you guys want some Q&A?

How's chapter 18?

Vote

Comments

Share

******

Much love from me.

Little munchkins