Chapter Thirty One

[Jasmine Thompson, old Friends ]

Alexa

I changed my number.

I don't want to talk to Elijah if he still wants me back in his life. I will talk to him if he already has someone in his life. That's it.

"Mommy! Mommy!" I turned around to see Gabriella running towards me, who was standing on the balcony.

"Yes, honey. Do you need anything?" I ask, and she nods her head yes. What is it?"

"I talk to Daddy." She said it, and I sighed.

"Baby, please don't get me wrong, but I think you should not talk about him now."

"Why....?"

"I lost his number, and I don't remember it. I am sorry, baby girl." I lied, and her expression changed immediately.

"But-"

"Oh yeah, I think Laila got Daddy's phone number. Why don't you go to Laila and ask her?" She nodded her head excitedly and then left my room. I smiled, looking at her.

Just then, my phone rang. I picked it up.

"Hello, this is Alexa speaking."

"Alexa... Don't you remember me?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Who the hell is this?

Ummm, sorry, but no. Care to tell me who this is?" As far as I know, I only gave my phone number to my secretary, Thea, and the babysitter.

"Gosh, you're so mean." Gosh, this guy is really making me confused. Who is he?

"If you don't want to tell me who you are, I'm going to hang up on you," I said in a serious tone.

Woah, woah, ok. Don't be a too-savage girl; it's me, Jared. Jared Lanton. Remember now?" I think I'm used to hearing that name. But, oh my gosh, Jared!!

How can I didn't recognise his number?

"I am so sorry that I didn't recognise you," I said. I change my number this morning and forgot to tell Jared about it.

"Even though it's hurt when you didn't want to tell me your new number, I will still forgive you." A wide smile creeps on my lips.

Oh, by the way, how did you get my number?"

"Well, I went to your office this morning. I met your secretary and to make it short, I got your number from her after a few hours beg for her trust." He explains.

"How are you?" I ask.

"I'm good. I call you because I want to ask you if we can still meet up today."

"Sorry, I forgot, but sure, we can. Tell me the location." He tells me about the location and time. I smile, and then, after a few minutes, we hang up the phone to get ready to meet.

Jared Lanton is one of my high school friends. We've known each other for about 5 years now. He was my partner at prom, and he is also the best guy friend I've ever met. I don't think I can meet a cool guy like him now. We separated because we got into a different university. I am glad we have finally reunited after all this time. We both met again, like two months ago. I am in a hurry to go to my appointment, and then I am being a clumsy Alexa for a second time and spill my coffee on his suit. That's how we met each other again after a few years apart. As you know, this is my second time meeting him. We didn't get a chance to meet each other in real life because we were both busy with our careers. For the whole time, we just talked over the phone and texted each other. I am so excited to meet him today.