Chapter Twenty Three

[Maroon 5: Whisky]

Elijah

"What's wrong with that face, dude?" Joseph asks me Me and he are having breakfast together right now. I sighed and stopped eating, then took a sip of my coffee.

"Rebecca called me last night," I tell him.

"Rebecca? Who's that?"

"She's the one that I slept with when Alexa caught me cheating on her at the hotel three years ago, and she was also my one-night stand a few months before I met Alexa," I explain. Rebecca is the woman with whom I slept three years ago when Alexa and her best friend caught me red-handed. I also had some relationships with her for a few weeks before I met Georgia. That's complicated, I know, because now I am in a mess.

"Oh, that woman. I remember now. Well, I blocked her number then." I look at him in disbelief because I expect another answer from him. "What? Did I said anything wrong?" He said to eat his food.

"You know, if Alexa knows about this, she might think that I'm not serious about being with her again. She might think that I'm just playing with her heart again." I said.

"Oh, that's why your face looked like an old man just now." He laughed. Well, just be honest with her then. It's better for her to hear from your mouth than from that woman's mouth or maybe the internet. It's not that hard to tell her, right? Besides, you're not planning to get back with that whore. Right?" I shake my head no. Of course, I would never be with Rebecca again. "Then, what are you scared of? She will understand and also try to make Rebecca stop calling or texting you. You're rich and have power; just do anything to make that woman stop all that." He said.

"I think that's the best way. I should tell Alexa first, and then the second, I will make that woman stop a call and text me." I said, and Joseph nodded his head in agreement.

*****

"Hey, baby!!" My office door barged open, showing Rebecca with her tight dress and face like a cake. I used to like that face, but now it's all turned out to be super ugly. I don't want her in my life anymore; I only want Alexa, and that's it.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Perkins. I try to stop her, but she still wants to see you." My secretary said

"It's okay, you can continue your work." With that, she left me and Rebecca alone in my office. "What do you want more? Money?" I ask her, and she walks to me and slips her hand on my chest. I push her hand away and step a few steps back from her.

"I want you, baby. It's been a few months since... you know what I mean, right?" She asks, and I scoff.

"Just find another man to fill your needs, woman, because I don't do all that shit anymore. So, get out of my office and don't ever dare to come back here." I said, Look outside the big glass window in my office.

"Baby, I know you want me. Last time we didn't even do anything because you had to go and settle some work, but now that you're free, why don't we just do it in here? Hmmm?" I really want to slap this woman now, but I didn't hit a woman. My parents never taught me to hit a woman.

"We're over, Rebecca. Can't you understand?" Then she smashes her lips against mine. I am shocked by her sudden moves, but then I feel myself kissing her back. I pull her closer to me, and then I realise that I'm kissing a woman who I don't want in my life anymore. I quickly push her away, and she looks at me.

"Babe, what's wrong?"

"I want you to stop all this. I don't want you anymore. Go find another man." I'm trying to be patient with her, but she comes close to me and tries to kiss me again.