Chapter Twenty Seven

[In my blood, Shawn Mendes]

Feel free to point out any errors in this chapter, and I'll fix them.

Elijah

When I woke up this morning, I found that the villa was completely empty. I search for the twins because they usually run around the villa, but they're not here. Same with Alexa and Laila. I quickly go to my room and grab my phone. I dialled her number and pressed "call, but she didn't answer it. I called her more than five times, but she still didn't answer.

Alexa why?

I take a short shower and then wear my black t-shirt and black jeans. I think I'm going to go home too, because there's nothing I can do here without them. I took all my things and left the room. "Rody!" I call my driver, and he comes to me immediately.

"Yes, sir?"

"Send me to the airport. I'm going home now." He nodded his head and went to get the car ready. I called Alexa again, but still no answer. Did she really not want me anymore? Did she get that mad at me?

After a few minutes, I was already at the airport and waiting for my pilot to set up the plane. In the meantime, I call Alexa again, and this time, she finally picks it up. "What do you want more of?" She asks me with a cold tone as soon as she picks it up.

"Alexa I-"

"Didn't I already make it clear yesterday?" Or maybe you hit your head somewhere until you forget all of it?" She asks. Okay, let me make it more clear to you. Listen carefully. I Don't want you any more. Is that clear?" I feel someone stab my heart with something sharp all the time because it feels so hurt.

"But—" She cut me again.

"Call me again or try to meet me; I will never let you meet the twins forever. Do you hear it? FOREVER!" With that, she hangs up the phone, leaving me in pain. This is the worst pain I've ever imagined feeling.

Right now, I'm on the plane and on my way to New York. If I just follow my head, I want to go to Los Angeles and meet with Alexa, but I know she really means what she just said. I just look outside the window and zone out.

"Mr. Perkins, do you want to eat something? Mr. Perkins? Mr. Perkins."

"What do you want?" I yelled at the stewardess who didn't stop asking me if I wanted to eat or not. "Ask me again, and I'll fire you! Don't disturb me!" She looks shocked and surprised at my sudden outburst, but I just look outside the window and try to calm myself, even though I can't.

After the flight landed, I just went straight home. I put my luggage bag in the living room and walked to my room. I throw myself on my bed and close my eyes. I think I'm just going to sleep. That's the best thing I could think of right now.

*****

I groan when I hear my phone ringing beside me. I take it and answer it without opening my eyes.

"Dude, where are you? Hong Kong? " I know this must be Joseph.

"What do you want?" I ask.

Oooh, what with that tone? I'm just bored. I just don't get the right woman to bang." He still didn't stop his behaviour. I mentally shook my head.

"Whatever. I want to continue to sleep now." I said.

Bro, what did you do last night until you just wanted to sleep all day, huh?" I know he might be smirking right now.

"I'm in New York, dumbass, and stop thinking about that, can you? If you're here, I'll punch you in the face."

"Wait, what? Didn't you

"She hates me. I thought she already gave me a real chance, but I'm wrong, and I know this time I didn't think she wanted to meet me again." I explain.

Woah, woah, what happened? What did you do this time, Elijah?" He asks me

"I didn't do anything. But I think her heart still hasn't opened for me yet. That's it." I heard him sighed.

"Do you want to go to the club? Who knows? Maybe you can have some fun there. How about that want to go?"

"Hell no. I told you that I wanted to change. Stop thinking about bringing me there again." I said.

"Fine. How about we meet tomorrow at breakfast at the usual place?"

"Okay. Now you want to sleep again." With that, I hang up and just look at the ceiling blankly.

Alexa, I love you. I just realised it, but I know it's too late. I just hope that maybe soon you can forgive me.

I walk to the bathroom and turn on the shower. I undressed and got into it. After a few minutes, I finally decided to get out of the bathroom and get a dress. I think I'm going to sleep again. So I lay on the bed and slept again.

*****

The next day.

After I had breakfast with Joseph, I just went straight to my company. "Good morning, Mr. Perkins." My secretary greets me, but I didn't have the mood to look at her and just decided to walk quickly into my office.

I keep myself busy with work, work, and work. I don't know why, but all the things that I did quickly got boring and felt like no use. I think my life is just so empty without Alexa.

Suddenly, my door barge opens and shows the woman who ruined it all. "What the fuck are you doing here?" I ask in cold stone.

She walks to my table and sits on one of the chairs there. "I miss you, of course. Don't you?"

"Who told you to sit? Your dirty body didn't deserve to sit on that chair because you might make it really dirty." She looks at me in disbelief. "So bring your plastic face and your dirty body and get the fuck out of my office," I add.

She gets up and then walks to me. "Look here, Elijah, the body that you called dirty just now is the body that fills your needs, don't you remember?" I stand up and grab her wrist as I walk to the door.

"What are you doing!? Let me go, it's hurt!" I let her wrist go and gestured for her to go out.

Well, listen here carefully, whore, I made a huge mistake by sleeping with you, and now I've been regretting it. Now get the fuck out of my office and don't ever try to come here again." I look at her, but she seems to not be scared of me.

"Babe, I want you, and no matter how hard you try to push me away, I will always come again. So I don't think you can push me away from your life. I want you, and that's it."

"Stop all this bullshit, Rebecca. All I want is Alexa. She's the only woman that I need in my life, and she makes me happy. Don't you understand? Now, get out since I am still nice to you."

"Okay, Elijah, I think I can help you with that." I look at Rebecca, surprised. She wants to help me get Akexa back. Isn't it a piece of good news?

"Are you sure?" I ask, and she nods her head.

"But if you didn't succeed in getting Akexa, I want you to accept me in your life. How about that? Deal?" I knew it. She must have an idea to get me back with her.

"fine. Now, can you get out? I need to finish my work." She kisses me and then walks away. I sigh and take a seat in my chair.

It's really the biggest mistake I've ever made in my life after I divorced Alexa.

__________________________________________

How's chapter 27?

Vote

Share

Comment

******

Much love from me.

Little Munchkins