Wood (Deathbringer's POV)

'What is she getting, what's she talking about' I thought. A few minutes passed and Glory came back, hiding something in her talons. "What is it?" I asked, nodding towards the object hidden in her talons.
She opened her talons revelling a wooden model of a NightWing, she then says, "I had this when I was three."
"Oh, wow it's amazing Glory. Did you make this?" I quizzed, amazed.
"Yes, I was never enough for them. I had to get better, but the better I got the more they looked down on me and beat me." She started.

She pointed to a white scar running down from the base of her wing to the tip of her tail and continued, "This is what I got for making this. They whipped me, with a chain, then hung me by my tail for a week in the dark." She said sadly, tears falling freely.
"Oh, Glory I did not know. They only did this because they were jealous. Who did this to you? I will go right over and slap them into tomorrow even if that means I go into the afterlife to get them." I said tears streaming down my face.
"Thank you, Deathbringer. It was Kestrel, she never liked me, I was not the SkyWing she wanted, that was called for. I was a disappointment to her, to all of our 'parents'. The others tried to help but they were held back, forced to watch me get beat." She said collapsing to her knees sobbing loudly. I went and kneeled down in front of her, holding her talons, tears gushing down my cheeks. She leaned on me, crying into my shoulder, and said, "Deathbringer thank you. I have never been able to tell anyone this before, I did not trust them."
"Oh Glory, I don't know what to say..." I started.
"That says it all." Glory joked.
"Ha Ha laugh it up, laugh it up. Let's go put this food away. I will even go and get some wood for you. Let's see how well you can do those models now, it will be something to do, I will even give it ago." I said picking up the most of the food.

(Author's POV)
Glory picked up the rest of the food and lead Deathbringer to the food storage. They put the food down and Deathbringer went out for a few minutes to collect some logs, only to come back with two tree trunks, two metres in diameter and one meter in height. "Wow guess we best get to work," Glory said. With that, they grabbed a trunk each and started to carve.

*****Three hours later*****
(Glory's POV)
I have made a model of Deathbringer in his fighting pose, claws outstretched, mouth open in an endless roar of battle. Carved like an expert. "You done?" Deathbringer called.
"Yeah, you?" I replied.
"Yes?" He stated. I walked over, wobbly, to where he was, model hidden behind my back. He must not see me coming because when I tapped him on his shoulder he backpedalled into the river, screaming.
"GLORY?! WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!" He yelled. I giggled.
"But it's funny and I thought the 'Best Assassin in the World' would hear me coming," I said sarcasm dripping out of my mouth. He did not answer that but he did show me what he has made. A model of me sitting proud, head held high, crown sitting on my head. "Oh, Deathbringer it's amazing!" I said in amazement.
"Thank you." He replied blushing. I then showed him, my model. "Wow, Glory you made this? It's incredible." He said.
"Thank you." I said looking away pink bubbling on the tips of my wings, "I needed something to show just how much I look up to you, looking after me."
"Oh, Glory I don't need anything like that. Being able to spend all day with you is enough." He said, turning my snout to face him. I blushed like mad that comment. We then saw through the sky hole that it was getting dark so we decided to head to one of the grown-up rooms to sleep, as they have bigger beds that we could share, draping the furs over the cold rock. We laid down next to each other, each other drifting off to sleep.