Hatching (Author's POV)

Only play when I say so pls.

They only have a week left in the cave, Glory's friends left a few days ago when the school was due to open again. Deathbringer was out collecting enough food for all ten of them. Glory was staring at the eggs, something felt of, something was going to happen soon.

She was brought out of her thoughts as a loud crack echoed through the cave. She stared at the bigger egg, it was rocking backwards and forwards, the crack getting bigger with every rock. They had already decided what the hatchlings are called. It exploded into a cloud of egg shells and dust. When it all settled she saw the two most beautiful girls, standing regally next to each other.

She reached out picking the dragonets up, she looked at the pink one and said, "You are my little Rose, darling." She then turned and looked at the darker dragonet and softly said, "You are like a cave full of gems, but you are my proud Gems." She then lowered them back into the nest. She returned her gauze back to the remaining eggs as they started to rock, cracks forming down there sides. The next one to hatch was the egg with rainbows on it. Parts of the egg fell away revealing a chubby back dragonet with a rainbow under each eye. He had a huge smile written all over his face. "Joy because your so cheerful." She proudly said. The next one to hatch was the egg that was green all over. When he fell out he looked at Glory and she saw he had double sliced eyes, she also saw that he was really small, a runt. "Gecko, my little Gecko." She said, smiling. Another egg started to rock, violently, it exploded. Thousands of pieces of egg shell lay littered around the hatchling. This light blue dragonet had no name, he looked up, staring out at the night sky. "Rain. That is your name." Glory whispered. She looked over at the other two eggs, they weren't moving.

(Glory's POV)
I stood watching them for a few more minutes when I headed Deathbringer walk up behind me, I was concentrating on the eggs that I did not here the bolder move. He looked at the nest with a look of surprise on his face. He glanced at me, his faced dropped. "Oh Glory, what's happened?" He asked, concerned.
"They have not hatched. Deathbringer. They have not hatched." I said, half heartily. He smiled reassuringly then looked at the eggs. Just as by magic, they started to wobble, gradually building in speed. The first one burst open. A dragonet walked out majestically, almost like he was the king walking out of his palace. He was odd he did not look like any dragon they had ever seen. His wing membrane where purple with white dots littering it, he had a sail on the back of his head and back this was also the pattern of the wings. He had twisted hons that curved back, they where purple. His underbelly was that pattern as well. "Galaxy." We said in unison.

I glanced at the other egg when its top fell off, a head popped up. The eyes scanned everyone then disappeared bellow again, I felt saddened as angry squeaks came from within, the head reappeared, nodded and he crawled out. He walked over to me, spread his wings... There was no dots, he was dot less.
"Nightfall. That is his name." I stated.
"What? I thought it was Indigo." He retorted. I snorted playfully.
"But Nightfall fits him better." I said, giggling. He gave up.

(Galaxy's POV)
'What are they talking about? Oh well I know how to get there attention I thought. Stamp feet twice, clap once and carry on at a even pattern. Now that will get there attention.

Play now

I started to sing, continuing the pattern,
Buddy, you're a boy, make a big noise,
Playing in the street, gonna be a big man someday,
You got mud on your face, you big disgrace,
Kicking your can all over the place (singing),

We will, we will rock you,

Buddy, you're a young man, hard man,
Shouting in the street, gonna take on the world someday,
You got blood on your face, you big disgrace,
Waving your banner all over the place,

We will, we will rock you (sing it out),
We will, we will rock you,

Buddy, you're an old man, poor man,
Pleading with your eyes, gonna make you some peace someday,
You got mud on your face, big disgrace,
Somebody better put you back into your place,

We will, we will rock you (sing it),
We will, we will rock you (everybody),
We will, we will rock you,

Alright.

They just stared wide eyed at me. Then fainted. I huffed, annoyed, walked of to the nest and fell asleep next to my nest mates.