Can't We Just Skip the Flowey Drama?

Sans didn't see Flowey at all in Waterfall. It disturbed him. A thing like that probably held a grudge from being killed. He said nothing as he walked through the fog into Snowdin.

Chara, on the other hand, didn't stop talking. "Sans, you should have joined the Royal Guard! Imagine how fun it would be to train with the old guy. I was always a little curious to see how he fought, being the Hammer of Justice and all. I bet he would have given me a big challenge." They laughed. "I promise, if you join, I'll be good..... Till I get bored.... But seriously, you gotta let loose a little, Sans. I mean, you can literally do anything you want to, and no one will know."

"i'll know!" Sans snapped. He hadn't wanted to encourage their incessant chatter, but he was getting angry. "i'm not gonna to play your fucking game, so shut the fuck up and leave me alone!"

He was just about to open his front door when he heard, "Golly, you still have such a dirty mouth!"

Looking around, he found it unnatural to see a bright yellow flower swaying in the snow. He was so close to being done with this. All he wanted to do was go inside and fall into his bed.

"Kill it." Chara gave a little laugh.

Sans sighed. "sorry for... ya know, killing you." He looked away. As much as he hated the dumb plant, he wasn't going to let himself get away with murder.

Flowey was smiling as innocently as ever. "You really are an imbecile." It giggled. "In this world, it's kill or be killed." It's smile stretched out again, turning dastardly. "I was too slow, but I won't make that mistake again."

Sans took a step back. He didn't want to kill this thing again. Floweys smile closed up.

"I really had hopes for you, but I can't allow someone like you to make a fool out of me! I'll make sure you come to respect me, even if that means killing you over, and over, and over. " All while Flowey was talking, it was pulling more of itself out of the ground, till it towered over Sans. It's smile was a diabolic, toothy grin. Like that of a beast.

Sans attacked first this time. Several Gaster Blasters shot at Flowey, but it dodged. The magic he had now was nothing like what he had used yesterday, and he longed for that strength.

"Chara, give me some of the soul's magic." Sans ducked out of the path of several rounds of bullets.

"Nah. I think a reset is perfect, right now."

"you what?" Sans hissed. He was screwed. He couldn't beat the flower with his magic alone.

"You were gonna lock yourself in your home. I might have helped you if you had joined the Royal Guard, but..." They let their sentence trail off. As if it were Sans' fault.

He sent several attacks at Flowey. Each taking exact precision to dodge. The damn weed burrowed under them, popping up unscathed.

Sans sent another attack. Flowey dodged, but Sans was prepared with a second attack from behind. It made contact, but it had been a weak attack.

"Golly! That was dirty!" Flowey smiled. He had finally gotten close enough to form a ring completely around Sans. "DIE!" His maniacal laugh was about a thousand times worse than his normal laugh.

Sans' eye flared to life. The code never lied. Seeing the world like this calmed him. The ring of magic was getting smaller, but Sans knew he needed to focus.

It was all just a code. Everything he knew, everyone he loved. He created a shortcut and was taken to Undyne's house in an instant. It was as far as he could get in a single jump.

He dropped to the ground, completely exhausted. Papyrus was right. He was horribly out of shape. He only rested as long as it took for him to see straight again. The code messed with his perception, making it hard to walk after overdoing it. Finally, he stood and headed toward Hotland.

"So where are we going now?" Chara seemed to have a strange, childlike excitement sometimes. It threw Sans off.

"shut up, i'm mad at you." Sans shoved his hands in his pockets and continued.

"Well, maybe if you'd listen to me, I wouldn't try to kill you."

"i'm the one that absorbed the souls, i should get to use the power whenever i need it!" Sans hated the fact that he had to deal with Chara at all. Having to be on their good side to use the power he rightfully gained was rediculous.

"Well, this is how it is, so you're just gonna have to deal with it."

Sans sighed. He was done with the conversation anyways, he had arrived. He entered the shop, and tried not to glare at the keeper as he walked to the counter.

"i want your training." He focused on tracing the grain in the old wooden table. "if it's up to par, i'll join your Royal Guard."

"Humph! You kids are always the same." Gerson grumbled quietly. To Sans he added, "You'll join the Royal Guard, and then I'll teach you what I know."

Sans sighed a lot for a monster with no lungs, but easing the tightness in his ribs definitely helped him to stay calm. "fine." He conceded. "what do you want?"

"Go home." The elder snapped. "You look half dead. Come back in the morning with a few hours of sleep under your belt."

Sans had to admit he was exhausted. He could feel the effects of stretching his magic to thin. He usually slept seventeen hours a day, so all this walking was tiring him out.

He nodded, and headed for the door. Since he had entered the shop, Chara had not stopped chattering happily. They laughed, squealed, and talked since Sans had first reached the door. When he left the shop, he barely had a chance to yell at them to shut up before running into Flowey yet again.

"Golly! You can be pretty hard to find when you try!" The plant did the floral equivalent of applauding, which looked more like jazz hands to him.

Sans didn't even have time to register what had happened before several bullets found their way through his soul.