Chapter 19

Adrian's POV:

"Boss, Mr Sterling and his secretary are here already. Should I send them up now?" They're here already? That's fast. Here I was thinking that they will take an hour more to reach from the airport...oh well.

"Yes please, Ry-Louis." Oh wait, Ryan's on leave today. I almost forgot. "Please lead them up. Oh, can you help to make drinks for them as they wish?"

"Yes Boss."

"Thank you. You may fetch them up now." Bowing slightly, he left my office swiftly to fetch my guests up, leaving me alone to clean up my desk which look like it's been hit by a passing tornado.

Life sucks...if only I can pursue my dreams of being a photographer then I wouldn't be stuck inside this dull office all day. I don't even know why I'm listening to my dad as he wishes for me to inherit this company...I have no interest in the business world at all.

*knock knock*

"Enter."

"Excuse me Boss, I've brought Mr Sterling and his secretary up already."

"Thank you Louis."

"Good afternoon, Mr Sterling. Welcome to Black Inc. ( I can't remember if I've given his company a name...)  Thanks for making the effort to travel here." Holding my hand out, he took it in his, shaking it firmly yet professionally.

" Holding my hand out, he took it in his, shaking it firmly yet professionally

Leonard Sterling ^

"Good afternoon to you too Mr Black. To be honest, I'm amazed by how successful your company is. I'm marvelled."

"Thanks a lot for that compliment, Mr Sterling. Your company, STARLIGHT, is impressive as well. I'm really amazed by your company's system."

"Thank you. Anyway, this is my secretary, Joseph."

Joseph ^

Joseph ^

"I see. Welcome Joseph. Please, have a seat, both of you." Taking our seats, Louis entered soon after to serve them their drinks before taking his leave as Mr Sterling took a folder from Joseph.

"Thank you. Anyway, this is the proposal I'm proposing. I wish that you'll give it a look."

"I will, Mr Sterling. Please, go ahead and help yourselves to the drinks and light refreshments." Gosh...I can't stand these formal meetings.

"Mr Black, please

"Mr Black, please. Just call me Leon. Short form for Leonard. I can't stand formality." He chuckled lightly before taking a sip of the coffee. Thank goodness he's like me. This makes everything easier.

"Sure. Then please call me Adrian too, Leon."

"Yes I will, Adrian."

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

Wait...did I read it correctly? Rubbing my eyes again, the amount printed still did not change at all. I can't believe this. $15M?!

"So you mean that you're willing to invest $15M on us? Are you sure?" That's the first time any company ever offered to invest more than $5M in the company. Not only that, what they expect from us is compromisable too.

"Yes, I'm sure Adrian. But of course, we will expect what's listed from your company to benefit us too." Leon said sincerely, clearing me off all my doubts. "So, is it a deal?"

"It's a deal."

"Great. Please sign here and here and the deal's on." Signing above the blanks, he signed his too at the opposite side before handing the folder back to Joseph.

"Leon, may I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"What made you want to invest in this company? There are many companies out there who are more well-known and successful than mine."

"That's the thing. Since they're so successful and well-known, they demand much more from me and are not willing to compromise. I prefer to do business with honest and humble dealers who are willing to do their best in whatever they can rather than those arrogant and greedy ones. I also believe that this company will flourish much more with you as the boss. That is why, I trust you to be able to help us grow as well."

"I'm really grateful for your words, Leon. Thanks for choosing this company. I will make sure not to let you down. It's a great pleasure to be able to work with you."

"It's my pleasure too, Adrian. Oh, sorry but I have to leave now or I'll be late for another meeting. Hope that we'll keep in touch and maybe meetup sometimes in the future. Not as business partners but friends. How does that sound?"

"Of course. That sounds perfect. Have a safe ride, Leon."

"Great. Thanks a lot again. See you next time, Adrian." Opening the doors for them, Louis greeted them professionally before leading them away. However, their conversation as they left made me think hard...

"You should mind your carefreeness with Mr Black, Boss. You may have offended him unknowingly."

"Don't worry, Joseph. You're such a worrywart. All is fine right? Come on, let's go on to the next one."

"Yes, Boss."

"That's my Joseph."

"Shhhh. Not so loud. People may hear you."

"Let them hear then. I'm not afraid."

I'm not afraid...If he can say it so easily, why can't I?

What am I so afraid of?

I'm afraid of what my dad will do...he has a network of connections in the underworld. I don't know what he'll do to Ryan if he finds out that he's my boyfriend...

He'll do whatever he has just to get to his goal...just like how he killed his first wife, who is the daughter of the richest man, when she wanted to leave him and made it as if she suicided. No one knows what really happened, not even my mum.

That's why I'm afraid...I don't want that to happen to Ryan...

What should I do?