Chapter 32

QOTD: What do you think the end of the book will be like? 😕

Ryan's POV:

*knock knock*

"Come in."

"Hi Ryan, sorry to disturb you but these are also the documents which you have to see through and give your approval to." Dawne said hurriedly as she place a foot high stack of documents on Adrian's desk. With him abroad, I have to take over his duties as no one else is allowed to touch Adrian's belongings and all.

"Thank you, Dawne. Anything else?"

"Nothing much. We're still finalising the remaining copies for the day. I'll bring them to you immediately once we've printed them out."

"Great. Thanks a lot Dawne."

"No problem. I'm glad to help." Closing the doors behind her, I resumed my work, reading through the uncompleted stack of documents which needs approval by the end of the day.

It's been 3 days since Adrian had went abroad. Work is more or less the same, only that papers keep piling up non-stop. I even have to spend nights in the office to clear all the paperworks. Trish was stopped work by Adrian's dad for the week since I'm rarely in and he's on a cruise with his ex-clients.

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

*ring ring.....ring ring....* Adrian's name flashed on my phone's screen brightly, bringing up my mood at the thought of being able to hear his voice once again. He calls only once at 7pm here as it'll be 11pm there. But he'll also drop a few calls here and there during his breaks to update on his life there.

"Hi Adrian."

"Hi love. How are you coping? Is work still pilling up?"

"Yeah...it's been hectic these few days but I'm coping with it. Many are requesting for meetings this week and I have to postpone them to next week. The slots for next few week's are practically full. How's the situation on your side though?"

"They're still demanding me to give them a larger benefit. Greedy bastards...it's harder to get to an agreement than I thought it would. If only they're easy to deal with, I would be able to be back by tomorrow...I miss you, love."

"I miss you too-"

*knock knock* Sigh...I wonder how many times have this happened... 5? Maybe even more...

"Sorry Adrian, I have to go now. More papers are coming in."

"Okay. I'll call you tomorrow morning. Take care of yourself and don't overwork too much okay? Love you, Ryan."

"I will. Love you too, Adrian. Goodnight." Hanging up the call immediately, I sent Amy in as she handed me the hardcopy of next week's meeting schedule, along with a cup of coffee. Just what I needed.

 Just what I needed