Chapter 39

Adrian's POV:

"Found him yet?" "Any clues?" Catherine and Leon questioned together as they sat on the sofa opposite my office desk. Yes, they came in on a weekday. A working day. A freaking Monday where paperworks go crashing like a landslide.

"Totally..." I grumbled in utter 'delight', causing Catherine to roll her eyes at me.

"Wipe that grouchy look off on your face, Adrian. It doesn't suit you." Catherine shot her thoughts at me directly, announcing it as if it's nothing. How dare she say that I look grouchy. That's an insult.

"I agree with Cath." Leon backed her up making me stare at him with a blank look. I feel like I got ganged up against. Corrections, I am ganged up against.

"Then what look suits me?"

"Hmm...the one where you're all love-struck over Ryan and follows him like a lovesick puppy." She says with a playful wide grin on her face as I gave her the 'are you serious' look.

"I have no looks that looks like that."

"Really? I remember seeing it for a few times..." Leon mumbled out loud to himself on purpose, causing Catherine to snicker when she saw my annoyed expressions.

"Okay guys, enough. What do you two want?"

"What do you mean, Adrian? We do not want anything." Catherine said 'innocently' as she gave me the 'I'm not guilty' eyes.

Sigh.... "Spill."

"Fine...we want to help you find Ryan."

"I'm fine. Ryan's my responsibility. I'll find him back myself even if I have to travel the world through all continents just to find him."

"But-"

"I appreciate your kind efforts guys but I want to do this myself, as his lover and his boyfriend. Then I'll feel that I'm a guy he's worth marrying."

"When you say it like that, I just have to surrender."

"All the best then."

"Thanks guys."

"No probs. Just you know, we'll always be a phone call away if you need either of our help. Though you may be too stubborn to even ask..." Catherine mumbled the last part softly to herself but I caught every word she said.

"What did you say?"

"You're a stubborn old man who wouldn't ask people for help as you're afraid that they'll turn into man eating beasts and gobble you up!" She said a bit too exaggeratingly with all her huge hand actions, making me facepalm and Leon to burst out laughing at the scene he's watching.

"Yes yes. I am I am. Now why don't you two go out and maybe have a date while you let this old man deal with his number one enemy, paperwork. Sounds great right? Good. Now go."

"Wait! Wai-" Chasing them out quickly, I locked the door from the inside before walking back to my desk as they banged against the door noisily. Come on...

"I'll count to 3! 3...2...1..." Silence. Good. They're finally gone. Just as I turned to face my horror, I hear my lock click open and in popped their heads with wide grins. I'm so going to kill them. How the hell did they even unlock my door?!

"Before you kill us, just listen to one last thing! It's really important!"

"What?!" I snapped irritatedly at them, making them only grin wider.

"Your zip's undone. Bye!" The door slammed shut once again, leaving me in my office with a face as red as a tomato. Hopefully no one heard them and no one else saw it. That will be soooooooo awkward.

Ryan's POV:

"Rey Rey Rey!" Arien burst through the front doors with a printed slip in his hand, scaring Stella at the same time due to his sudden appearance.

"Yes?"

"You're accepted!"

"I am?" I am accepted into the FBI?

"Yes! And you're expecting...." 

"I'm expecting?"

"A pay rise and..." He dragged me into the janitor's closet before locking it behind him.

"And?"

"A specific position in my squad. I'm part of a group of experts in different areas who works for the Government and those who specifically hire us. On the surface we're just normal cops but ya...you get what I'm trying to say."

"Sort of... What specific position?"

"You'll be the focusing mostly on shooting. Basically, the sharp shooter!" He announced excitedly as he stared at me with bright eyes.

"What?! I can't-"

"Don't lie to yourself, Rey. Up till now, you're the one who've gotten the highest score in shooting even though you just joined as a temporary staff at first! Be honoured okay?"

"Okay...?" I replied hesitantly as I really have no confidence in my skills. What if what happened during the test was just pure luck?

"Good. Now let's get you changed and briefed! I'll go through with you your training plan, schedule and role you have to play. Physical training will start tomorrow so be sure to have plenty of rest tonight."

"By the way, Arien, what's your role if I'm in your squad?"

"Guess." Um...he's well-liked and experienced so...

"The leader?"

"Nah. I'm the offender. I specialise in hand-to-hand combats, be it one-to-one or against a group."

"Wow... You're awesome."

"Thanks but wait till you see the leader."

"Is he here?"

"Nah. We're all dispersed to different stations. We have a secret hideout though. We'll be having a meeting there soon. I'll inform you on the details when they have confirmed all the details."

"Okay."

"Good. Now, here's your schedule for the month, your keys to your own locker and...shit. I left it back in the staffroom. I'll hand it over to you later. It's just your staff pass so nothing to worry about. Oh and your pay is $3500 monthly."

"Okay..." Wait...what?! That's a lot!

"Any questions? No? Then I'll show you to your lockers after I grab the pass for you. And just a reminder...do not reveal any information that I've told you to anyone. Not even your cat. Got it?" I didn't even get the chance to ask him anything...

"Yeah..." I don't even have a cat at the first place... 

"Hey! Stop staring at the mop kiddo! Are you planning to stay in there forever?"

"I'm not a kid..."

"I believe that I'm at least 5 years older than you, kid."

"That still doesn't make me a kid."

"You look like a kid?" He did not just say that. How in the world do I even look like a kid?!

"I'm taking that as an insult."

"Oops! My bad." He apologised, definitely not sincerely, before dashing into the staffroom after sticking his tongue out at me.

I really wonder who's the kid here.