Chapter 3: Punishment

I'm in a cell? Bars, prisoners, a few guards scattered everywhere? Definitely, the "scary" dungeon of the pack. How long are they going to leave me in here? If Alpha Playboy dies, will I die too? I hate him, why is my fate tied to his. The Moon Goddess just hates me, doesn't she? They actually have a calendar up to torture the people stuck in here forever more. Wow, I've been out for five more days! This is that stupid idiot's fault! Who told him to get me - ME - confused with one of his many "not friends with tons of benefits"? Basically, his sluts. 

There's a man standing in front of my cell and even his back gives me shivers. Damn, he's scary. He's the tallest guy I have ever seen at 6'7". His muscles seem to be moving even though he's not. What the fuck are in those? Alien life forms? Why are they so big? 

"Hey, you! The idiot guarding my cell. How long am I stuck in here for?" Dead silence. "Did you guys drug me? My throat is scratchy, can I get some water?" Silence. "Okay, so I'm just going to assume you can't speak then and I'm just going to sit on this lovely chair. Is this vintage? I-"

"Shut up. The Alpha just woke up."

"Thank God, finally. So, will you open my cell already?"

The guard continues to not look at me but I can feel the smirk as he speaks. "For injuring the Alpha of this pack, and leaving our pack in chaos for ten days, you will be left here for ten months. The Alpha has decided that you will be treated like any other criminal, and they hope you learn to curb your tongue."

"Why am I here for ten months? This isn't even my fault! It's his! Who told him to knock me out? Why didn't he call for backup? Let me out - NOW!"

The guard turns around for the first time and glares. "This is MY jail. I am in charge of everything here. Don't you dare show me disrespect, little girl! I could have you killed in two seconds! This is your last warning. If you speak out of turn, you will be punished."

Curiosity killed the cat? Well, this pretty kitty has no filter. Or fear apparently. He can't be serious can he? What punishment is he going to give me? "Punished, how?"

He grins evilly. "Speaking out of turn, are we? Well, you are going to get your answer now."