Chapter 13: Alpha's Lies

Who is that someone that goes flying into the wall? Me, of course. Luck just despises me, that's why. I don't have any on my side. I can't believe this happens every single time.

For once, I actually had some hope, some trust, a little bit of faith that he would care enough to keep me safe. At least from himself. That is obviously a lie as Eric pushes Damon aside, and shoves me into the wall. A huge thud echoes across the room as I hit the wall with enough force that I can hear every crack as my back creaks and cracks as I hear something break. 

 When I begin to fall, Eric is suddenly there, banging me into the wall even more. My head begins to pound and I can feel something leaking from the back of my head. Blood? 

Eric holds my chin in an iron grip to connect my hazy eyes with his eyes glimmering with anger, but with his wolf's presence nowhere to be seen.

I can hear Damon shouting in anger, but that is all I can hear. I can feel my heartbeat go slower and slower, each pound softer than the last. My eyes begin to close, and that's when he seems to realize what he has done. His face shows shock and guilt.

Picking me up, I feel too drained to try to move away as he runs to the hospital with Damon running behind him swearing. "Rose, hold on. I'm so sorry, I keep doing this to you, you keep giving me chances but I don't know what I'm doing," and I can hear him move me onto a cold, hard surface as he instructs someone to take care of me.

With that, he's gone. Good riddance. All he does is lie and give me false hope. 

Fire seems to spread through my veins as I give a silent scream in pain, opening my eyes.

"Everyone clear out, she's in critical condition!"