Chapter 9: The View

Alpha Eric POV

It's been a couple of hours. She hasn't looked at me or anyone for a while. I crouch down to see that she's asleep, and I can't help the smile that takes over my face when I look at how peaceful she seems. I want to help her always have that peace in her life.

I slowly take her into my arms, and just come to a standstill for a moment. I don't know if I'll ever get to just hold her like this. I bury my face into her hair, and smile, as I take in her scent. If I was to die this moment, I would die happy.

Slowly standing up, I smile at the doctor who has helped my Rose come so far. I'm going to earn her trust somehow.

We get to my room, and I gently lay her on the bed. Time to check off the list of things in my head.

Two weeks. Two weeks is all I've got to be with her 24/7 before she will be able to be by herself, and I need to make every second count.

First, get Damon to take over for me for the next two weeks. Check. Second, make sure all of the prison guards stay away from her. Check. Get her clothes, hygiene stuff, and anything she'll need into my room. Check.

All set. The blankets rustle as my mate begins to wake up and I smile. I make sure that I sit on the floor so I don't scare her. What did Doctor Anders say? Oh yeah, she said to make it so she's looking down on me or is looking straight at me, never up. To make sure I'm always smiling and that I never lose my temper with her.

As she sits up, she looks down at me, double takes, stares, and tries to look away. It's so cute.

"Hi," I smile. "The hospital discharged you Rose. Are you okay, do you need anything? Would you like to take a shower?"

Rose looks down and nods and I force myself to smile again, even if it kills me that she's not looking at me. "Okay, beautiful, just go inside and let me know if you need anything. I'll be in here, the whole time."

She gives me a small nod, before shuffling quickly to the bathroom. I grab some clothes for her to wear for today, just a cute button-up shirt with some jeans. As Rose comes out, she runs and grabs the clothes so fast! That's cute, she's actually embarrassed. I chuckle. That's my shy mate.

 Coming out, she takes a seat on the bed as I shower. Once I'm done, I'm glad to see that she's still okay and staring into space. As I grab some clothes, I can feel eyes on me. I look up to see her staring at my chest and I give a genuine grin. 

"Are you enjoying the view beautiful?"