Chapter 16: Her Escape

Alpha Eric POV

She left? She actually left. I had a feeling she would, but I hoped in my heart that she wouldn't. My dear mate, Rose, actually left. I couldn't stop myself as a loud, mournful howl spilled out of my lips letting the Timber Pack know. Their Luna had left. They had to find her. Otherwise, I could never ever earn her forgiveness.

I would be lost. Our pack would be lost. No matter what was in the past, the loss of a Luna makes the pack weak. For what I have done to her, I will never ever replace her, there will always be an empty spot by my side in hopes that she will return. This pack will either have Rose or be without a Luna. 

Taking the two letters in my hand, I leave the one for the pack on the side. Deep breath. Deep breath.

Exhaling, I open the letter addressed to me and begin reading.

Dear Alpha,

In my head you were starting to become more than just 'Alpha', you were becoming Eric to me. 

Except you kept driving fear into my heart. You keep hurting me. I know I have my faults. I know that I have made mistakes, I know that I am not perfect at all. I just prayed that maybe I could have someone love me. 

My parents, they abandoned me here. The pack hated me. When I finally started to become more confident, even though my wolf never showed up, you ruined it. You came into my life. You hurt me, and put me in a hospital. Put me in the dungeons for two months. Then, continued to hurt me even after you promised to love me when you chose not to reject me as your mate. 

I'm scared to show my confidence anymore and I'm also scared to love. Being with you is toxic. I'm not who I am, and I don't believe in whatever we could have or our future. When Damon helped me, instead of you, I was shocked and happy. Damon made me more comfortable than you ever could. I knew I was safe when I was with him. 

At one point, I wished someone like him was my mate instead of you. 

You wrecked me. I was starting to forgive you, but I know that I can't trust you. I've lost so much: my confidence, my voice, and myself. I can't stay here anymore, with you. I only fear that one day the abuse will get much worse, and I refuse to be in any abusive relationship. If I ever do come back, there will never be a hope of us being together. I would rather die.

Alpha Eric Alexander Williams, I officially reject you.

Not going to miss you. 

Sincerely,

Rose Ivy Lawrence

"Eric? Are you crying?"

A/N: Sorry for the long update, I was having some tough days along with technical difficulties. I really appreciate all the support, and everything should be working well now! I have some chapters coming and planned :) Thank you so much for #451 in werewolf as well! Thank you for all the well wishes, supports, comments and votes! I hope you guys enjoy!