ℂℌɑ℘ɫℯɾ 12

For those that start school tomorrow, who's ready?😬

——ESMAS P.O.V——

I'll tell you one thing. That spider was not tiny.

After Everton saw me in nothing but a towel, he closes the door behind him, leaving me to get dressed.
I step around the squashed spider towards some spare clothes I kept here.

I put on my trackie pants, jumping up and down to shuffle them up my legs. I slid on a long grey top that has long sleeves. I looked in the mirror and pointed out all my flaws before bending over and shaking my hair.

I felt like I was shaking the whole room at the same time. I gained balance and held onto the sink bench.

"Now." I say in the mirror at myself. "You go out there and act like your not tipsy." I pointed at myself. Then I frowned, "or drunk... either one." I shrugged and turned to open the door.

It was the wrong time to open the door.

I should not have opened the door.

"Shit." I say a little loud to make Everton jump and look up at me, covering himself with his shirt.

No, he's not naked. But he's shirtless.
I force my eyes from his stomach and turned around in embarrassment.

"I'm so sorry." I say biting down on my bottom lip.

"Ah, it's fine. You'll forget in the morning anyway."

In my defence, he could have changed in his room, not the living room.
Mother of all that is sweet and pure...

I find myself smiling a bit.

"I have a shirt on now." He says.
I hesitate at first but then slowly turn back around.
Who knew he had some body.

I cleared my throat.

Awkward silence floats in the air.

"Well, I think we better get you home." Everton finally says.

"Yeah, okay." I nod, looking down at my feet.

I felt his eyes on me.
"Or... you could stay?"

My eyes shot up. Did he ask me to stay? Or was he offering? Was he implying it? Should I stay? Would that be weird or something?

"If you want to." Everton continues, "just so you don't do something dramatic while your still tipsy."

I found myself nodding my head. "Yeah, I guess I could stay. One night won't hurt."

What am I doing?

"Okay, well I'll sleep on the couch. You can have the bed." Everton says before disappearing from the living room.

I stand still, not moving, waiting for him to come back. Allison would go crazy if she knew. Best not to tell her then.
She already assumes we slept together. But that was my fault.