ℂℌɑ℘ɫℯɾ 18

There's a week left until the desire arrow expires. 7 days until I can end this mess I caused.

But 7 days until Esma won't remember a thing. And I will loose my time with her.

So I will make the most out of it.

I explain everything to Esma the next day, and about my mother being a very likely suspect in all of this. She doesn't ask questions, she just listens to every thought, every word I have to say before there's nothing left to say.

"That... Well that's a lot to take in isn't it?" Esma finally says after staring at me for a solid ten seconds.

I nod, raising my eyebrows, "Sure is."

"I'll be fine Everton, you should look for your mother." Esma gets off the pink stool in her apartment. She walks over to me, I stand up straighter as she lifts her arms embracing me into a comforting hug.

"I wont go on a rampage looking for that guy. Hell I've even forgotten his name." she softly laughs.

"Are you sure? I'm worried in a few hours you will be. You don't understand the power of a desire arrow, Esma." I say as we pull away from our hug. Her hugs are incredibly addictive.

"How about I ring you as soon as I feel any strong urge." She says biting down on her lip. We are close enough to even...

"Yep, okay." I turn my heels and grab my jacket that's laying over the chair as an excuse of my sudden movement. I resist the urge inside that wants to feel her lips on mine again.

"I'll get going." I smile as I call for a pod to take me to my mother.

Esma doesn't move from where we were stood, she took a breath looking down at her hands.

~~~

About Half an hour later of me walking in circles outside a brown and red brick house house I finally walk up to the front door.

I knock, and after a few seconds the door opens. I frown as a young boy appeared.

"how can I help you?" he asks with a smile.

"Um, I'm looking for someone named Lillian, she knows where my mother is.."

He nods and smiles pointing to the house next door. "Lillian's our neighbour, quite a nice woman."

"Oh thanks, must have missed her by one house." I say flicking my hand up in realisation.

Once he closed the door, I sigh and slap my palm against my forehead. Idiot just spent 30 minuets stressing over the wrong house.

I walk over to the next house to the right, wanting to waste no more time, I knocked on the door straight away. I stood back waiting for the door to open when I realised whose house it actually was.

That lady I delivered my father's mail to. The same lady that I ran into in the halls of the cupid world. How does she know my mother?

On that thought the door opened to the woman in her late forties with hazel eyes. She instantly knew who I was.

In that half an hour I thought of multiple things I could say in this moment but right now, I had forgotten it all. "I'm here because you know-"

"I know why your here." she interrupted. Lillian holds the door firmer, slowly opening it wider. "Come in then."

She turns on her heel and walks into the house leaving the door open for me. I walk in shutting the door closed behind me. her house smells of baked cinnamon muffins, the walls are lime green with plants in every corner. It puts me at ease that she's not some creepy lady.