ℂℌɑ℘ɫℯɾ 13

Sorry for the long wait
Happy Easter!🐣

I waited outside for a while. I think the alcohol hit us a bit hard. But considering I only had one drink, it might just be me.

I knew it was wrong, she already has a match out there. And here I am, wanting to kiss her.
What the hell is wrong with me?

I set the spider down in the dirt, putting a stone above it.

The door opened, my heart accelerated. I look up, Esma stands there looking nervous but somewhat excited.
I waited to see what she would do.

Maybe i should stop it? There's no doubt she will regret it anyway.

But before I could, she pulled my head in and kissed me.
Her lips were soft, like a cushion for my own. She had wrapped her arms around my neck and I stepped closer to her. She tasted like the alcohol but only the smallest faint of it.
I wanted more as soon as she broke it off and backed away. It felt quick but felt like I was kissing her for hours. My mind was blank, shocked, I didn't know what she was thinking. How I wish I could be that vampire dude off twilight right now. Not that I've seen it or anything...
Her expression was a mixture of shocked herself and then she looked slightly pale.

I had to turn my back away from what she did next. She had turned to the bushes to release some upcoming vomit.
And I knew it wasn't from the kiss but the alcohol.

•••••

I stare at the yellow package on the table, thin enough for it to be papers inside.

I figured, while Esma was in the human world in bed, I'd deliver the package.
I had taken her straight home after she had thrown up. I hope she was okay. I will check up on her in the morning.
But the one thing that was playing on my mind was will she remember anything of what happened tonight.

It turned to 1AM, I was tired, but the thought of the event from an hour ago had been replaying in my mind. I knew I wouldn't have a chance to sleep tonight.

I slid the package into my bag that was hanging around my neck. I locked my door, taking off my jacket to let my white wings finally breathe.
It's been a while since I have used them because Esma has been around. It feels normal again to have them open and gliding in the air.

I push down with the muscles on the top of my wings, jumping from the ground. I soar up quite high before I tuck my wings in, letting myself fall.
When I'm a good distance from the ground, I open them back up as the wind catches, making me glide in a smooth line straight towards the large building, brightened with small lights from the inside and out.

I take a shortcut, instead of going through the ground floor entry, I fly up to the high level where the pods are rested. I land on the small balcony, opening the unlocked glass doors.
A few Cupid's are walking around, either getting off the pods, tired, or the Cupid's entering the pods on their nightly shift.

I find a free pod that hasn't been assigned to anyone for the night. I enter the small glowing white door, tucking in my wings.

"Everton, on a night shift?" Nevi immediately speaks.

"No, I'm delivering a package tonight from my father." I say aloud.

The pod door shuts, the lights blink on as she replies. "For whom?"

"I'll go through the details on the ride."
I type in the address my father had given me onto the the keypad.

It's a lady, she's 46 years old.
That's how old my father is. For some reason I pretended it was my mother, Eiroleth. But it couldn't be, because this lady's name is Lillian, and she didn't look like me.
My father told me she left the Cupid world to live in the human world. He never told me why, he would shut down every time I asked.
I don't know where she is now, there no way I can find her. My father has hidden all traces off her, maybe even wiped her from the system.

I can tell he still loves her, he misses her. I just hope she misses him too.

Once the pod floated down on the lady's lawn, with its invisibility shield on, I stepped out making my way to the door.
It was nearly 2 in the morning.

I walked up to the door, my eyes catching a glimpse of light around the edges of the black curtain.
Someone must be awake.
The house was small, showing the patterned bricks, lined with purple flowers.
It was hard to see the rest of the features in the dark, so I just focused on the door.

Do I knock? Should I knock?

No, it's 2am, they might be actually sleeping, like normal frickin people, Everton.

I shock my head at myself, Your an idiot.
Just leave it on her doorstep. Simple.

I had one last look at the package, wanting to see what lays inside.
I crouch down on the porch, making it creak. I place the dark square piece down on the door mat.

I stood up, I heard the door lock click. I stepped back, my heart skips a beat. Did I wake her? Is it her? I hope it's not her crazy husband.

The door opened, and a lady with tired eyes stared back at me.
She turned the porch light on, instantly I see her features.
Her hazel eyes, her brown hair thats hangs past her shoulders, her face that looks old but yet somewhat young. She frowns, squints at me, skimming my body and searching my face. She seems to be deep in thought, deep into what she finds in my eyes.

"Erm.. hi." I say trying to break the ice. She frowns shaking her head and then turning it into smile.

"I didn't mean to wake you, or turn up at two in the morning." I said awkwardly.
"Um.." I picked up the yellow package on the door mat and handed it to her.

"Here, it's for you. From the Cupid Corporation." I say as she takes it.

I'm not sure why she's linked to the Cupid world. Maybe she was a cupid? Maybe she retired? Maybe she wanted to be human?
It's rare, but it happens.
Maybe once every six months someone will want to live in the human world, not wanting any part of the Cupid world. 

She looks back at me after she has examined the outside of the package.

"Thank you."

That's all she says. She looks at me once last time, straight into my eyes, then shuts the door carefully.