👻 Olympics 👻

A/n: so I'm writing a FF about Shane X Ryan with an Olympics AU. I not going to start publishing it until I fish the whole book so you guys can read it all at once. Anyways here is a prologue for you to read while u wait. And btw I will still be posting one shots as I go along.

Prologue
Ryan gripped tightly as he swung over the smaller bar, flipping forward to catch the next bar before flying off and landing on her feet. He curved his back as he landed, then resumed back to a normal posture before walking back to the smallest bar and practicing again. Over and over, he practiced landing until the perfectionist inside of him was satisfied enough to take a five minute break.

The young Asian walked back to his area were his things sat. He grabbed his water bottle and took a sip, along with a few deep breaths to dial down his adrenaline that was currently pounding in his chest and his wrists. He closed his eyes and leaned back, stretching a bit to help his sore muscles. Sadly, Ryan's calming break was cut short by the sound of his friend, Steven Lim, chuckling.

"Wake up buttercup, my friend is a fan," He joked as Ryan's eyes cracked open. He saw Steven, of course, but next to him was tall and looked threatening, Bergara rolled his eyes and jumped up.

"Are you really a fan or is Steven forcing you to watch me," Ryan asked, knowing how much Steven liked to Brag over Ryan.

"Both," The man replied, out stretching his hand. "Shane."

"Ryan," The shortest greeted. They shook hands, making eye contact that made Ryan feel nervous, almost threatened.

"Alright, now if we could hurry this up, my friend would like to see a Korbut flip," Steven grinned.

"No I didn't," Shane shot Steven a betrayed look, causing Ryan to giggle a bit. "I was telling you about it, the only person who's ever been able to pull it off if O-"

"Just watched," Steven interrupted, looking at Ryan who was more than happy to do it, "Make me proud Bergara."

"Yes Sir," Ryan winked before walking to the bag of powder, coating his hand before putting on his plastic protectors.

"Wait," The sound of Shane's voice traveled through the air before he runs towards the tall bar.

"What are you doing?" Ryan asked as he wringed his hands around the bendy pole.

"Standing here so I can catch you if you fall," He explained. This brought a slight blush to Ryan's tan face, which he quickly shook off before getting a good grip on the bar.

Ryan got a good momentum before jumping to the taller bar were he would perform the trick. He took a big breath before flipping onto the bar in a crouching position. He then jumped, flipping back completely, then grabbing the taller bar again, swinging forward his body to were the shorter bar caught his waist and flipping him. Using the momentum he had, he arched his back and grabbed the taller bar once more from behind. He then jumped from the taller bar to the lower bar and flipped himself, placing his legs between his body and the bar. Flinging himself up, he grabbed the second bar and looped himself through it. He dropped to the other bar and did the same thing, placing his legs legs on the upper bar again so that he could flip over, curl his back, and land by jumping from the second bar, flipping past the lower bar, and landing almost perfectly.

"Yes!" Steven yelled as he ran over to hug his best friend, who was heaving and smiling.

"Holy shit dude," Shane mumbled, jaw nearly unhinged from his skull as he walked over to a very sweaty Bergara. "How... WHAT!"

"I know, I'm surprised to. I've never landed on my feet before," Ryan heaved, nearly collapsing when steven let go of him.

"Maybe you should take a lunch break," Shane chuckled.

"Yeah," Ryan assured, almost catching his breath. "Sounds great."

~

"How does your back feel?" Shane asked as he carefully placed his arm on Ryan's shoulder.

"I mean, it hurts, but that's just because I've been at it all day," Ryan explained as Shane let go of hs shoulder to open the door.

"You two are cute together," Steven smiled as I stepped out of the Gymnasium and into the cool winter air.

"Shut up," I pushed him and chuckled along with Shane.

"What are you gonna do about it Bergara, you are the twinkiest twink ever, it would be hard for Shane to resist," Steven taunted.

Shane was chuckling, but he was also making a distance between himself and Ryan, making the shorter feel embarrassed by what Steven was saying.

"Shotgun," He herd Shane mumble behind as they walked up to stevens car, dashing to the passenger sides and wrapped his hand around the handle

"Jokes on you, I love the backseat," Ryan teased.

"Well, to be fair, you have to sit back there because you car seat doesn't fit in the front," Steven joked as he opened the car door and unlocked the car with his key fob.

"I'm not short, you guys are just tall," Ryan crosses his arms after he buckled his seat-belt.

"No offence man, but you are literally the shortest male olympian in this history of the American team," Shane weezed.

"Hey, at least i'm in the Olympics, what do you do?" Ryan challenged. Steven smirked and turned around, chuckling as if Ryan had said something dumb.

"Dude, he's been in the olympics a lot longer than you have, he's an Ice skater," Steven smirked as Ryan's face dropped in embarrassment.

Whoops.