Alice and the Mad Hatter

Yes I know she's canceled lol. But her music was awesome and I think this song fits perfectly. This chapter will most likely will be short depending on how I feel, sorry in advance.

~~~
"Hmmm. How about this one?" I asked putting on a bowler hat sticking out my hand like gun, pointing it at Trent.

He chuckled shaking his head
"What?! We can't be gangsters or something" I asked taking of the hat and putting it back on the hook.

He took a step closer, with hands in his black jeans, bending over so we were eye level.
He paused looking at me

"No" he teased walking away.

I rolled my eyes following behind him.
"Why not?" I asked in step with him.

"Last year Jonah, Ty and I were the the Italian mafia"

Ah that makes sense. Since the whole arrangement, Trent never really spoke about his friends much or football for all that matter. Was I a distraction?

"Hey.." I touched his forearm drawing his attention
"You think this whole thing is a waste of time?" He looked at me  confused

"What do you mean?"

"I mean..." I paused shifting uncomfortably
"....am I distracting you? Like. I never see you hang out with your friends or practice anymore, so I thought maybe.." I shrugged avoiding his piercing gaze. I continued.
"...I'm stopping you from hanging your with your friends."

"Kendyl you are not a distraction. Where did that idea even come from!"

I shrugged locking my fingers behind my back
"It's because we hang out all the time so it made me think I was forcing you to be with me, with this whole 'dating' thing"

He stared down at me biting his lip not uttering a word. We gazed at each other until he spoke, sighing Trent rubbed his face.

"Listen..." he started delicately grabbing my shoulders.
"—you are not a DISTRACTION Kay alright? We are hanging out because I want to and not because I was 'forced' to." He clarified shaking my shoulders.

I nodded hiding a smile.

"Don't ever say things like that again? Okay. It makes me upset to think that you feel people are bothered by you" he sighed  again sliding his hands down my arm. Releasing my arms we began to stroll the aisle again until I spotted a costume that make me scream. Literally.

Trent plugged his ear laughing.

I jumped like a kid in the candy store grabbing the costumes quickly before a passerby decided to take it.

I checked the two aisle on the opposite sides of the one we were in, for customers.

Running back and forth I double checked each side clutching the items to my chest.

"Eeek. These are perfect" I kissed the plastic casing. It was in and immediately referred it.

Yuck germs.

I glanced up to see Trent smirking at me. I frowned
"What? Is there coming on my face?"

"Just......so many germs" he mocked bursting into fits of laughter.