The Deadliest Season

A/N: Thank you for some of your request! This story was requested by noideafor and it was something I was contemplating on doing. I promise that I will get to the other request, but in the meantime enjoy! The reader is around 17 or 18. The finale in Volume 3 didn't go down as planned meaning Pyrrha is in fact alive and with my boy Jaune. It's a rather large time skip though, like a couple of years.

Y/N POV

I was ordered by General Ironwood to go to Beacon for him and Winter. I don't know why, but she was more along the lines of his side than mine. Must be a rank thing. The bullhead landed and I stretched "Let's see what Ozpin wanted." I walked out, but was hugged out of nowhere "Y/N! Where's Winter?" I gave a small smile to Weiss and told her "She's with Ironwood. I don't know if you guys don't want to see each other, but she really didn't want to come here." She seemed a bit upset, but then I saw a girl wearing a red hood "Weiss, wait up!" She finally stopped running and tried to catch her breath "Who's this?" I cleared my throat and said "Y/N L/N. It's nice to meet you Ms..." She stood up and gave me a salute "Ruby Rose! Leader of Team RWBY and partner of my best friend Weiss!"

I turned to Weiss and smirked "So she was the one you were talking about. You certainly seem like an interesting person. In fact I don't believe I've met someone quite like you." She blushed and looked away "Well..." I laughed, but saw that Weiss looked to be plotting something "You alright Weiss?"

"I'm fine."
"You sure? You look like your gonna break."
"I'm fine. By the way why are you here?" I almost forgot that I had to meet with Ozpin. Great L/N. Good going. "I gotta meet up with Ozpin soon. Ironwood sent me on a mission and I think Winter told you how he gets when you don't do something immediately." With a couple of soldiers/robots I made my way towards Beacon, but then I moved out the way when a familiar figure tried to attack me "Hey Bird Boy."

"Don't call me that. Anyways how's Winter. Being as bitc-"
"We may be friends, but tread carefully."
"Let me rephrase that. How's Winter? Being as difficult as usual?"
"Difficult is an understatement."

Time Skip

"I'm sorry Mr. L/N, but I don't believe I called for James nor do I need any Atlas aid at this time."
"But General Ironwood told me that it was urgent. Why would he lie?"
"I don't know Mr. L/N, but you may want to look into that." I think he's right. Why would the general lie to me? "Maybe Jimmy's losing it. All those years of barking orders finally got to him." It was then that Qrow began to drink from his flask. I sighed and said "I should try calling him."

For the fourth time he wouldn't answer and I started to get frustrated "It was nice seeing you again Ozpin, but I gotta go and get some answers. See you later Qrow."

Time Skip

As I made my way towards the bullhead I heard Weiss yell my name "Y/N, I need to talk to you." I chuckled "I got time. What do you need to talk about? And why is your hair all ruffled up?"