x. EASIER SAID THAN DONE

CHAPTER TEN

CHAPTER TEN

EASIER SAID THAN DONE

          MORGAN HAD A PLAN, ALBEIT NOT A GREAT ONE. It definitely wasn't foolproof or anything, but it was her first plan that she came up with Remus that could get her somewhere. Being a little brat at school and getting in trouble wouldn't lead to the end of a marriage, it would just cause everyone – including Helen if she knew of how much shit Morgan was doing – to get annoyed, but not annoyed for a divorce to come into play.

But her plan was something that could get her somewhere, led to some dirt she could use against Alistair to blackmail him and force him to divorce Helen and then Morgan could swoop in and comfort her aunt, saying that it was for the best and he wasn't worth anything at all in the first place. She was prepared for that, prepared to find another house that felt like a home that wasn't overly large and didn't have white walls that felt like an asylum and there would be clutter on the floor, sunflowers on the dining room table, and a patio in the garden.

It would be perfect, and the only thing standing in her way was Alistair Ainsley.

So, she had to eliminate him, and no silly pranks at school or talking to a Gryffindor (how scandalous!) was going to accomplish that. Instead, she needed to take down the enemy from the inside out, and maybe if she could convince one little Greer Ainsley that she was remorseful wanted to be the perfect daughter in the eyes of Alistair, she could accomplish that.

Now, of course, she knew that convincing Greer was a lot easier said than done. Because in practice, she had to remind herself that she already had a terrible relationship with her step-cousin step-sister or whatever and had said that she doesn't align with the Ainsley values or rules because Alistair didn't fucking control her (because he didn't), but she could pretend.

She could lie a little and put her acting skills to use to pretend that she felt guilty and had a talking from her aunt and was willing to put the past behind her and be the perfect Ainsley with pure blood and all (ugh), and so she would. Admittedly, it wasn't Morgan who came up with the plan, but Remus, though when she told this to Adeline and Dominic it wasn't easily.

Admitting that Remus Lupin was actually helpful and worth all the while was hard and not something she liked doing. She just hated even asking him for help and taking his advice, giving it merit and being embarrassed when she hadn't thought about that herself. Because, honestly, in no universe would she think to actually talk to Greer willingly, so the thought of cozying up to her didn't even enter the realm of possibilities in her mind until Remus brought up.

And it was so casual too, like it was obvious for him, which made it worse. "Well, why don't you start with Greer? You want information from her, right? So why not talk to her and get her to like you instead of making her hate you, then you ask her whatever you want." And he was right; it would be so much easier and she could anything she wanted out of Greer if they were actually friends and not kinda-sorta enemies.