Chapter 11

This chapter is going to be referfing back to memories that Baylee and Jacob have. this is to help the chapter go smoothly. So don't get confused. Be sure to check out the songs that represent this chapter ❤

"I'm going with you." Baylee said following Jacob to the car.

Jacob looked at Baylee. He smiled softly. "Thanks Bay. I appreciate it." He then paused for a second. "Will you text Sam. Tell him I need him to go on patrol for me." He whispered.

Baylee nodded. "Yeah of course." She whispered. Baylee quickly sent the text as Jacob sped to the hospital.

Jacob ran to the front desk, with Baylee following close behind him. "Where's my dad?" Jacob asked the lady behind to counter.

The lady was totally checking Jacob out as she looked him up and down. Baylee had to hold in a growl that was erupting in her throat. "We will call you when you can go and see him." The lady said, then went back to whatever she was doing before she was checking out Jake.

Baylee watched Jake, as tears pooled into his eyes. He was in complete panic mode. Baylee wanted to cry just as much as Jacob did. She had always been closer to Billy, than she had her own father. But there is always a time when you need to be strong, when all you want to do is breakdown. Just like when Baylee lost the baby, Jake was the strong one that got Baylee through it, when all he wantes to do was cry. Now it was Baylee's turn to be strong for Jake's sake, when all she wanted to do was cry.

Baylee leaned over and lightly pecked Jake's lips. Jake looked at Baylee shocked. He never thought that she would kiss him again. "What was that for?" He asked happily. He wanted to keep kissing her.

Baylee smiled. "I wanted to take your mind off it." Baylee whispered. "And I'm still your wife Jake. Can't your wife kiss you anytime she wants?" Baylee joked.

Jake smiled. "Yeah. You can kiss me any time you want." Jake then sighed. "Can we talk about something? I don't want to think about what is going on Right now."

Baylee nodded. She then thought of all the trouble her and Jake got into when they were growing up. "Remeber the fishing trip from hell?" She asked with a slight smile.

Jake busted up laughing. "How could I forget? We almost died."
*
Baylee had just turned 10. It was a warm summer day, which called for a fishing trip. So Billy loaded up the two 10 year olds along with Charlie and Harry, and they headed to the lake.

It was a good nice day, and they actually did really well with the fishing. They all couldnt wait to get home and have Sue Clearwaters famous fish fry.

They were all one their way back to the truck, when the weather turned for the worse. The waves her white caping, due to the 45 mile an hour winds. The rain was coming down in icy sheets. Billy was starting to worry about the safety of the young children that had accompanied them on this fishing trip.

Right then, a giant wave came up over the boat. This caused the small aluminum boat to cap size, sending all five of the passengers plummeting into the icy water.

Baylee broke through the water gasping for breath. She had never learned how to swim, and now was in the freezing water.

"Its ok Bay. I got you." Jake whispered as reached for Baylee and pulled her close to him. "Don't be scared. I'll protect you." He whispered soothingly.

"Baylee! Jacob!" Charlie hollered as he swam towards the children. "You kids ok?" He asked as he grabbed Baylee from Jacob.

Baylee couldn't find her words, so all she did was nod. Billy and Harry swam to them, where Billy grabbed Jake. "Lets get the hell out of her before we all get hypothermia." Billy snapped.