Chapter 17

Baylee still sat in the guest bedroom. She hadn't left since she locked herself in the room last night. Baylee did a lot of thinking. Mostly of Jake.

Was he thinking of her too?
Did he miss her?
Did he love her?
Was he coming for her?
Did he even care about her?

Peter had tried once more to get in the room. But gave up. He yelled a bunch of swear words and staggard away. Baylee knew he was drunk.

Baylee played with the engagement ring. Her heart was telling her one thing, and her brain was telling her another.

Of course she wanted to leave this place and never look back.... But...

Where would she go?
Sure she had money, but not a lot of it. Would it be enough to get her to La Push?

Would Jake still want her?
What would she do if she got there, and Jake wasn't there?

Could she even escape Peter?
What if he was still drunk, and lashed out on her?

These were all things that kept going through Baylee's mind.

She knew what she had to do.

💠💠💠💠💠💠💠

Jake sighed as he begged the taxi driver to go faster. He had to get to his girl. He had to tell her that he loved her. That he always loved. That he never has stopped loving her. Even if it took him ten years to prove that he loved her, the Jake was going to do it.

"Sir please I'm begging you. This is important." Jake spoke again. "Please go faster. I have to get to the love of my life and try to talk her into marrying me and not some douche bag."

💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠

Baylee looked through the manilla envelope. She say a small hand written note, it was obviously from Jake.

I'm sorry it took me so long to sign the papers. I was a real jerk. I wish you the best of luck and happiness in New York. You deserve the world Bay.
Jake.

It was that note that changed it all for Baylee. Her world was Jake. And she deserved Jake.

Sighing Baylee slipped her engagement ring off her finger. She then slowly walked to the study where Peter sat at his desk. Baylee then gently set the ring on the desk.

"What's this?" Peter asked once he looked at the ring, and saw Baylee standing there.

Baylee was terrified. She didn't know how Peter would react to what she was about to say. But she had to. She couldn't be here anymore. "Peter, I can't." Shw says barely above a whisper.

Peter looks at her. His eyebrows knitted together. "You can't what?" He asked.

"I can't marry you. I can't stay here. I need to go home." She tells him. Then she sighed. "The truth is I gave my heart away to a boy a long time ago. Like a really long time ago, and he never gave it back to me."

Peter shook his head. "I can make you stay." He tells her.

Baylee shook her head. "With all due respect, you know you can't make me do anything."

Peter nodded. He knew he couldn't make Baylee do anything. She was a wild child. Rebel soul.

"The ring is beautiful Peter. Give it to a girl that will love you unconditionally." Baylee then lightly pecked his cheek. "Thank you for everything."

Peter nodded.

And with that Baylee left to go find the love of her life.

💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠

"Please be the right apartment building." Jake pleaded as he rode up in the elevator. He had no idea where he was. He didn't know if this was the right apartment. Or what floor Baylee was on. He was just doing whatever his heart said.

Just then the elevator door opened. And Jake laid eyes on a beautiful dark hair brown eyes girl.

"Jake?" Baylee asked shocked to see him. "What are you doing here?" She asked him.

"Here to get the girl of my dreams back. And this time I'm not ever going to let her go."

"I love you so freaking much!" Baylee gushed as she crashed her lips onto Jake's.

Jake reacted instantly. He then intensified the kiss. As he picked her up, Baylee wrapped her legs around his waist. Jake then pinned Baylee against the wall of the elevator, where he slowly kissed down her neck. "I'm so in love with you." He whispered between kisses.

"I'm glad you came and found me." Baylee mumbled as Jake slowly bit her neck causing her to gasp. "I can't live without you." She whispers. "Your my imprint Jake."

"I know." Jake whispered. "Your mine too." Jake then stopped and looked at Baylee. "Its a good thing that you don't have to live without me anymore." Jake then pulled away from Baylee.

Jake got down on one knee, and pulled out this class ring. "I promise that I will get you a real one when we get back." He says. "But Baylee Anne Newman, will you promise me forever and be my wife?"

Baylee smiled, and nodded her head. "Of course." She whispered to him, as she slowly pecked his lips. "And I don't want another ring. I want this one. Cause it's the original."