Chapter 52: Surprise Destination

Kimi held my hand. He was leading me off of the jet. I was blindfolded, and not happy about it. I hate surprizes, even if they are good ones. I tried to use my other senses to take in my surroundings. It was hot, there was a slight breeze and I could smell salt in the air. We were near an ocean, somewhere tropical for sure.

    “Where are we?” I demanded, reaching for my blind fold, only have have my hand slapped away.

    “You’ll find out soon enough.” he chuckled.

    “You’re enjoying this too much.” I pouted.

    “You’re not enjoying it enough, relax.” he continued to lead me.

    “Sorry, that I don’t enjoy me being blindfolded as much as you do.” I said, he only laughed. Kimi helped me into a car.

    After driving for a short amount of time the car stopped. Kimi helped me out and then continued to lead me somewhere. As we walked I could feel the ground change from concrete to wood. I could now hear waves. He must be on a boardwalk or dock of some sort. I could hear seagulls crying in the distance. After a short distance of walked we stopped. I sensed we were now in the presence of someone else. Who hopefully didn’t think I was being kidnapped, because Kimi dragging me around blindfolded, coupled with the displeased look on my face must be quite a sight.

    “Mr. Raikkonen.” The a mans voices greeted.

    “Is everything prepared?” Kimi asked. This question made me incredibly nervous. Prepared what? Where am I?

    “Yes, sir. Everything is just as you requested and ready for you.” the man said.

    “Excellent.” Kimi said. “Okay Heidi, take off your blindfold.”

    “Finally.” I muttered and pulled the silk scarf off from around my eyes. We were indeed standing on a dock looking out of some of the most crystal clear blue waters, but directly in front of my was the biggest most beautiful yacht I have ever seen. Three times the size of Kimi’s. It looks brand new and is a brilliant clean white. There are three levels to the boat and it has to be one of the most beautiful things I have ever laid eyes on. The man that must have been talking to us was wearing a crisp white captains uniform.

    “Kimi, this is beautiful. Is where our honeymoon will be?” I asked thrilled. I loved being out on the water, it was one of my favorite things. It was very close behind driving expensive and fast cars.

    “Yes, we will spend our honeymoon on your boat. And we can visit anywhere in the world you want to go, or everywhere. It doesn’t matter to me, you choose.” he smiled.

    “Wait! My boat? You’re joking.” my eyes went wide. There was no way he had bought this for me. It had to cost in the tens of millions. It was the biggest and most beautiful yacht I have ever seen and rivals every yacht in Monaco.

    “I assure you, I’m not joking. This boat belongs to you. In fact this will be her maiden voyage. We need to christen it.” Kimi said. The first mate had come to stand by the captain and was holding a bottle of champagne to christen the boat with. “What are you going to name it?”

    “Oh, I have no idea.” I said feeling flustered, I couldn’t believe this was mine. Kimi had outdone himself. I thought for a second and then it came to me “Sei come l’acqua nel deserto.”

    “What does that mean?” Kimi asked, he refuses to learn Italian.

    “You are like water in the desert.” I ran my fingers across his cheek. “You are my water in the desert Kimi. The thing I crave the most, the thing I need to most. I love you.”