Chapter 4, My hero

I hate him

I hate him.

I hate Blake with his stupid Black hair and his stupid silver-grey eyes and his stupid Bugatti. More pressingly, I hate Tygerwell.

Why did my parents have to die? Why did I have to get sent to another state!? Why did I happen to get enrolled into the craziest school possible?!

As much as I secretly hated my average life and craved for adventure and danger, it can't possibly arrive at a worse time. Now is the time I in fact need normality.

When Blake's Bugatti is long gone, I still don't let the tension in my shoulder sag. God knows where I'm heading! I can only hope I'm going back to school. Then again, by the time I get there, I'll probably be too late in anyway.

Somewhere in the distance I hear thunder and in answer a fat rain drop lands on my nose.

"Oh God no..."

The rest if the rain comes down hard.

"YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!"

I run to an alleyway for some shelter. Yeah-yeah, I know what you're thinking. Quickly, I duck under one of the roofs and I get a shiver when I notice all the trash laying around and how this place might be really shady.

Cue the sound of rats.

"Aaah!" I yelp when something literally runs over my foot and scurries under a dumpster. If I pretend it wasn't a rat, maybe I'll start believing myself one day.

"I can get the money next week!" I hear someone plead from the other side of the alleyway.

I go really quiet and still when I finally spot the two guys holding another guy by his collar.

Oh shit.

"Next week isn't good enough. The deadline is today. We need the money now!" one of the guys yells.

Realizing that I'm a bit out in the open and way to curious for my own good, I hide behind the dumpster and watch the scene unfold.

"Please! I have a wife and kids!" the man being held pleads.