Chapter 11, Knockout

Finding out that Goldy has a boyfriend is not something I expected

Unfortunately, the twins are nowhere near as good as Bowmen's hacker, Jack, so finding out who exactly her boyfriend is, is going to be hard.

The rest of the day goes by quickly, because my mind is spinning with: 'How am I seducing someone that's been dating the same person for five years?'

I even decide to skip my last period: PT, the one class I have with Goldy, because I can't keep pretending not to care about her having a boyfriend. 

I have to say, I handled it pretty well when she broke the news. I gave her my best smirk and just said: 'what he doesn't know, won't hurt him'. Even though it'll hurt me. Dealing with prostitutes has made me appreciate and respect relationships. Ironically, I'm the last person that wants to make someone a whore. Especially when she's made of gold and paint.

When I get home, my mood sinks a bit.

News travels fast among gangs so my parents will no doubt know about the bet that could possibly doom us all. 

I have my own penthouse and all, but Dad and I are scheduled to attend a boxing-match, so I'm heading here first. My orders to the inner-gang is to find out as much as they can about Goldy and her annoying boyfriend.

God, no wonder she rejected both Bowmen and me! I should've known she had a boyfriend!

"Owen, that you?" I hear my dad call when the butler opens the door for me.

"Yeah, it's me, Dad," I call back.

Then the painful sound of wheels follow as Dad gets pushed in on his wheelchair. Mom's the one doing the pushing, because she refuses that one of the maids do it.

In sickness and in health, she always says.

"You ready for that match tonight? I'm placing all my money on you!" Dad says. 

"You're going to make some money," I reply.

I've never been much of a sporty person in school, but boxing is like my religion. Another reason to hate Bowmen is because the guy's pretty good at it too. He just doesn't do it in a ring. Or with rules.