Chapter 9, Fake boyfriend

When English is over, I send up a thanks that all Blake did the rest of the class was stare out into space like a statue and sneak in glimpses of me (that he clearly thinks I'm to dumb to spot)

Idiot.

Round 2 of my-life-sucks and I get to attend second period and make it to third!

I already know third period is going to be favorite, because it's Visual Art Studies.

Realizing the Art teacher is an old lady, lets me breathe a breath of relief, because I'm quite sick of everyone getting to be hot around here.

"Ahh, Amber Marigold, I heard you had a bit of a situation yesterday," Miss Sauvage says.

"Yeah, this school isn't legal," I grumble, "I really don't know why the SWOT team isn't already all over this town". How can people in this town know what's going on, and yet do nothing about it?

"Mmm-h, quite the talker, I see," Miss Sauvage remarks.

I look back at Miss Sauvage and a smile makes it's way to my lips. It's just the way she said it that gets me to like her.

"If you're lucky, you can talk the gangs to death," she adds.

Oh, yeah. I love her.

When everyone is in class, we're all sitting at large tables.

Miss Sauvage goes on about what she'll expect from us for this semester, but my gaze drifts to the other students. They're all girls except for these two other guys. One is a future Picasso, and the other is dressed in black and leathers... No, not Blake, but no doubt one of his goons...

Goon wouldn't exactly describe the kid though. He seems to be at least two or three years younger than me with his brown hair and big eyes.

"No nude paintings please, yes, I'm talking to you, Mister Lynch," Miss Sauvage says.

I almost gasp out loud. Sure the guy is young, but he's still a gang member.

"Not even one of my favorite teacher?" The boy asks with a big goofy grin.