Chapter 55, Cornered in a circle

Bowmen and I run up the stairs - hoping this impossible plan would actually work to take down the North and save Goldy at the same time

"Whatever happens, Xavier needs to die," Bowmen says.

"But the unknown number is right. If we kill Xavier, someone will just take his place. The North is quick to replace leaders and will surely have support from gangs outside of Tygerwell when news spreads," I reason.

"Well, what else do you suggest? His inner-circle is nowhere to be seen!" Bowmen growls.

We sprint to the second floor and make sure to walk slower and with a little more stealth once here. We need the element of surprise on our side if we want this to succeed. Then again, Xavier is too stupid to know what's coming.

"You're making too much noise," I grumble when Blake makes the floor creak.

"Fuck off, Rhodes," he replies.

I roll my eyes and we get to the door that leads to Xavier's room. Fat fucker over here keeps making the floor creek - which is puzzling because I have more muscle mass.

We listen in on what's being said from inside the door. "You know, Amber Marigold, you can still save them," I hear Xavier say.

There's a pause before Goldy asks: "How?"

Bowmen and I press ourselves closer against the door and then hear everything. Xavier proposing to Goldy. How the latter first has to accuse Xavier of insanity. And then Xavier explaining that Robert is Trebor. Goldy is the Sterling heir! 

This... this changes everything... I remember my parents sending out a proposal to Robert's daughter a while back. Hell, nearly everyone that belonged to a gang did. Now, I realize they were actually sending out a proposal to Trebor's daughter! I could've possibly married Goldy!

How did I not see this? Any fool should've realized Trebor was Robert backwards! 

"We can't let Xavier marry Goldy," I whisper to Bowmen.

"I agree, otherwise the North will be unstoppable and who knows what they'll do..." Bowmen says.

I turn to him with a straight face. "I was thinking more because Goldy doesn't deserve to be married to a prick like Xavier. Y'know for her happiness?" I say.