3

It was a warm and sunny day in May. He had been invited to his friend's house for a formal lunch. Jack knew Matt through his business dealings. Matt was a very successful hotelier, having his own private chain of hotels that he actually owned along with a few of his relatives. The dinner was to commemorate the good times Matt and his family had with an aunt and a cousin who had died the previous year. It seemed that all the older people namely, the parents had been gone for a few weeks, and so to celebrate their lives, Matt and his cousins had come up with the idea of a dinner.

Jack had decided that he would go as he needed a bit of relaxation; a reprieve. He looked at the mirror. He looked sharp and sleek in his black tux. The green tie was the only thing that stood out. Green. Jack paused. A dark and rich emerald green. It had been Natasha's favourite colour back when they had been together. Had her preferences changed now?

"Damn her!" Jack cursed and ran his finger through his hair. He took some deep breaths and calmed down. That bitch is not worth getting worked over, chastising himself, Jack took one last look at his reflecting, his eyes lingering a bit longer on the green, and then without a second glace, he walked out of his luxurious 13th-floor penthouse.