8

Natasha had been heartbroken. She had been given an ultimatum! Either continue with Jack and see his future taken away from him, or leave him, walk away, and let him continue on his path to success. And such as Natasha was, without stopping, without blinking an eye, she had decided to leave the only guy who had given her the world, showered her with so much love and kept her so happy. Unhesitating, Natasha chose the second option; she gave up her happiness, just so Jack could have all the success and happiness her deserved. And then, in the Winter Carnival at their college, Natasha had finally acted upon her decision.

Natasha was sobbing uncontrollably by the time she was finished, when she promptly left the room, banging the door closed, behind her. Jack plopped back down on the bed. Tear poured out. His jaw clenched hard, a tic on his forehead, and his hands clutching his hair. He cried like a madman. Years of bottled out emotions finally poured out. Years of hatred, of pain- all for nothing! He never trusted her enough! He should have known, though. Being Natasha, of course, it would have been something like this. He perfectly remembered her reasoning. She had said that she was leaving him for him! That if she didn't, his life would be destroyed forever. He remembered perfectly! He remembered everything! Of how she had been when they were together, both so young and still she had enough love for the both of them.

Cleansing himself up, Jack walked out after a while, into the living room. The dining table nearby was being set. Some were seated on the couches. Natasha and Arian were not among them though. After a while, dinner was finally set, and everyone settled down. Matt's older brother folded his hands and everyone followed his action.