4

Big wrought iron gates swung open as he said his name to the security guard. He slowing started his car and inched forward and couldn't help the admiring gasp that escaped his lips. The driveway climbed upwards towards the low hillock where a majestic house was situated, overlooking the rolling valley all around it, out here on the outskirts of the city. The driveway was long and gave Jack ample time to look around. The house was built Victorian style with many arches and curves, and there were many willows and other beautiful trees lining the driveway. He stopped by a red convertible, next to which there were around ten more cars. Jack mused on how many people were invited, but then he remembered that Matt had grown up in a very much big and close-knit family with many cousins. He took the floral bouquet from the passenger seat and stepped out. A man black, came towards him and kindly showed him the way to the front door. Big and round pillars adorned the front porch, all stone, and giving out an aura of affluence. He rang the bell and within seconds it was Matt who opened the door. Jack gave the bouquet he had brought to Matt and said, "Nice palace you've got here", he'd joked. Matt simply laughed and then smiled as he said, "I'm just one of the five other owners"

The drink had just been served by the cousins. Jack saw that there wasn't any servant around, except the man outside perhaps, who had shown him the way. Matt has offered him a satisfactory answer saying that, the helps all got a day off on that day every year. All the men and women there were cousins it seemed, excepting Jack and one other guy who Matt introduces as one of the girls' fiancée- Adrian.

The females were mostly in the kitchen, with the exception of a few who sincerely claimed that they were actually kicked out on account of their inability in that department. Jack also met a few more guys who preferred to be in the kitchen, cooking away, and only came out once in a while to socialize.