5

After a while, Jack asked to be showed the way to the washroom. Nodding in thanks at Matt's instructions, he started to walk away. As he stepped around, into a corridor, he smacked straight over a person! It was one of the cousin; he couldn't place her name suddenly. She was hunched over, on her knees, picking up the flowers and putting them into her basket.

"Here, let me help" and saying so, Jack crouched down and helped her put the last flowers in the basket. They stood up, and the girl promptly left after apologizing. Jack looked up to get on with his way, when his brown eyes crashed right into two similar orbs, with a multitude of emotions. They stared at each other, both shocked and yet still reminiscing about the wonderful time once spent together; almost a decade since the last time they heard from each other.

In spite of the countless promises he had made to himself- to never thaw if he ever saw Natasha again, Jack forgot. His legs moved by their own accord as they brought him closer towards her, and then his arms wrapped around her tightly. He buried his face in the crook of her neck and was hit with her smell- same after all these years, a pleasant rosy one. He opened his eyes and frowned as he realized that Natasha's hands were still at her sides, and she was stiff against his embrace. Angry and feeling like a fool, Jack roughly jerked Natasha away yet still kept his hold firm on her shoulders. But he gulped when he saw his sweet Natasha's face; her quivering lips and eyes full of unshed tears, which then slowly rolled down her cheeks.

"Come on", saying so, Jack led Natasha through the nearest door, into a bedroom. Slowly, he made her sit on the bed's edge while he himself stood about a foot away from her. Seeing her there, all vulnerable and broken, his heart clenched and he felt the over pouring of emotions as he had not felt in years.